Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-01-2010, 12:34   #1

Boat: Jaguar 22 mono called Arfur.
Broadblue Limited - UK 2009 +

Apologies for putting advertising in the Forum, it's intended to be informative.
I bought my boat there but have no interest in the operation at all.

Multihull World Newsletter

Broadblue launch new 415 and 385

This month, premier cruising catamaran builder Broadblue Ltd hit two major milestones with first the launch of a new Broadblue 415 and then, on New Year's Eve, the launch of a new 385. Both were sold to UK clients who are very pleased with their new arrivals. The owners of the 415 intend to base her nearby in Gosport and have offered Multihull World the use of their pride and joy for viewings and test sails so if you have an interest in this first class long distance cruising cat then contact Ken@multihullworld.co.uk 

A contract for the build and purchase of Broadblue 385/037 was signed in November and 6 weeks later she was launched from the factory in Poland on her way to Emsworth for rigging and handover. She was craned into the canal alongside the factory on the last working day of 2009 and only escaped the inland sea with the aid of an ice-breaker tug!! She was reported today to be passing down the Dutch coast and is due in Portsmouth by the middle of January. A number of owner inspired improvements have also been included in the specification for this model so if you would like to have a test sail or viewing contact ken@multihullworld.co.uk

Broadblue 415 01 and 04 in the ARC

We were delighted to hear from John Macrae, owner of Broadblue 415/04 at the end of his atlantic crossing in the Atlantic Race for Cruisers (ARC) and to also hear that he and BB415/01 were the first two catamarans under 44ft to finish proving yet again that these are truly first class cruising catamarans. Perhaps the most important quote from John is "We have no issues at all to report. Nothing broke!!"
Old 08-01-2010, 11:20   #2

Boat: broadblue 385
@11 - where is that article from?? its not on the MHW webpage and also not on the BB.co.uk webpage???
regards from vienna,
helmut
proud broadblue owner BB385/33
onotoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 14:03   #3

As a purchaser (my 30 yr old Prout) I get a newsletter now and then. I thought this was of general interest to Cat people.
I can forward you the full newsletter if you pass me an e-mail address by private message.
Old 08-01-2010, 15:03   #4

Boat: Long range motor cruiser
No matter weather you have an interest, this still evokes the 'Stockholm Syndrome' in me.

It's spam.

Paige
The message is the journey, we are sure the answer lies in the destination. But in reality, there is no station, no place to arrive at once and for all. The joy of life is the trip, and the station is a dream that constantly out distances us”. Robert Hastings, The Station
fishwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 15:07   #5

Sorry, please delete thread.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:57   #6

Boat: broadblue 385
@fishwife - maybe its spam for you , for me as a broadblue owner its information....
regards from austria,
helmut
onotoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:32   #7

By the way, all that stuff on the bottom wasn't apparent to me.
There have been severall threads on the Demise of Prout, which the late BroadBlue included some of the management and ideas. This current BroadBlue is a new company. Please contact them for information. You will see they manufacture in Poland and do some finishing here. That's as much as I know, I assume the 385 is based on moulds etc from the old BB company. I have no info on the 425, though this may be the same.
I titled this thread carefully to attract only interested folk.
Please advise any moderator if you feel this is not appropriate.
No offence taken or intended.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:47   #8
CF Adviser

Location: Wherever our boat is; Playa Zaragoza, Isla Margarita
Boat: 1994 Solaris Sunstream 40
No worries, Eleven - it is also of interest to me, even though I am not the owner of a Broadblue and, I suspect that it will also be of interest to others. The relative performance of a 415 in the ARC is worthwhile information for those who may be considering a used BB; and, the fact that a new 385 has just been completed, leaves open the option of ordering a new boat for those who appreciate some of the unique features of this design.

If you come across any updates on the new 385 (and in particular, the impressions/experiences of the buyer) I am confident that many would love to read them.

Cheers!

Brad
Southern Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 14:33   #9

Boat: Woods/Coplan Boats (SA) Ocean Spirit 34
New BB 345 from China:
http://www.cat-sale.de/cat-sale_inge...ue/345_en.html
redtwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 18:25   #10

Re: Broadblue Limited - UK 2009 +

I'm in Oz and very interested in BB 415/385, but! I'm concerned with the build quality out of Poland, so can anyone tell me when they started making them in Poland please as I would rather own one made in England.
Thanks
Gasman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Broadblue