Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-05-2020, 06:37   #1

bridge deck clearance

hi all, hope you are all well .looking at a Simpson 43. year 2000 length 13.11mt beam 6.5mt draft 1 mt displacement 7.5 tonne. construction strip plank epoxy fibre glass. My question is does anybody know weather this design has an good bridge deck clearance or are they prone to slamming? looking for a comfortable cat to circumnavigate Australia with my wife and daughter .Stay safe. looking forward to you insight on this design or open to suggestions
wiseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 03:15   #2

Boat: Cruising Catamaran
Re: bridge deck clearance

Phone and ask the seller/broker - you want more than 6% of LWL as a rule of thumb say 800mm. From the photos of one for sale looks about right but impossible to be accurate. Ask if the dinghy with its outboard can pass under - a rough test.
Tin Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 23:22   #3
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Multihulls - cats and Tris

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseman View Post
hi all, hope you are all well .looking at a Simpson 43. year 2000 length 13.11mt beam 6.5mt draft 1 mt displacement 7.5 tonne. construction strip plank epoxy fibre glass. My question is does anybody know weather this design has an good bridge deck clearance or are they prone to slamming? looking for a comfortable cat to circumnavigate Australia with my wife and daughter .Stay safe. looking forward to you insight on this design or open to suggestions
If its the boat in Batemans Bay then yeah, talk to the broker, he has done plenty of miles at sea on Cats. I also like that Sean Arber did some of the work on her. Excellent shipwright
Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 04:42   #4

Boat: Dean 440 13.4m catamaran

looking at the pix in the add i would say this boat has quite sufficient bridge deck clearance

generally quite a respectable looking cat, although i would think the vendor would be extremely pleased to actually get $249k for her...

cheers,
chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 00:58   #5

Boat: Stuart 47

Try this to check
Multihull Dynamics, Inc. - Home
Cheers
geoffq1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
deck