Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-02-2019, 06:10   #46

Boat: Lagoon 400S2
Re: Best Offshore Cat Builder/Models with decent interiors

Like this one:
The triangle of comfort vs. speed vs. cost:

Old 01-02-2019, 13:17   #47

Liked that first video. That second video you posted was made by the same guy as the article I just posted. I'm now seeing this is basically just a bunch of FP propaganda. Cherry picking negative Lagoon reviews etc... Would be a very nice review if there wasn't such a strong agenda.
DavidJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 15:29   #48

Boat: Lagoon 400S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidJH View Post
Liked that first video. That second video you posted was made by the same guy as the article I just posted. I'm now seeing this is basically just a bunch of FP propaganda. Cherry picking negative Lagoon reviews etc... Would be a very nice review if there wasn't such a strong agenda.
Yes, btw, FP had a lot of issues with osmosis in the past I read, Oranas, Liparis etc. Not sure about the quality of the underwater ship of the new models.

Lagoons have been boxier and more spacious, the boom high they mention applies only to the F models (fly bridge), The S models of Lagoon are great and same in regards of boom accessibility, also they are heavier, but much more stable, beamier both the whole boat with the salon, and the hulls, so more living space. Meanwhile newer Lagoons are narrower and shorter (400 vs 40) and the FP are boxy too, not much difference, Lagoons are still cheaper for the size.

But in general, it givers a good overview what to expect.
Old 10-02-2019, 09:10   #49

Boat: Amel 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNewBee View Post
Yes, btw, FP had a lot of issues with osmosis in the past I read, Oranas, Liparis etc. Not sure about the quality of the underwater ship of the new models.

Lagoons have been boxier and more spacious, the boom high they mention applies only to the F models (fly bridge), The S models of Lagoon are great and same in regards of boom accessibility, also they are heavier, but much more stable, beamier both the whole boat with the salon, and the hulls, so more living space. Meanwhile newer Lagoons are narrower and shorter (400 vs 40) and the FP are boxy too, not much difference, Lagoons are still cheaper for the size.

But in general, it givers a good overview what to expect.
I agree. I strongly encourage FP buyers to visit the FP factory and to make sure they are comfortable with balsa core below the waterline. I am not.
boom23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
builder, interior, model, offshore