Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-02-2018, 09:09   #31

Boat: Lagoon 380 S2
Re: Bali 4.0 vs Lucia 40

Sounds like an involuntary conversion from a mono. Profile says he is waiting for delivery in 10/2018.

But is the condo comment really that negative? Maybe just stating the obvious.
Personally I don't like the new line of boats coming from FP and Lagoon.

And with regards to the lady choosing the boat: You make your choices (the lady) so you live with the consequences

I can honestly say I don't even know what a Beneteau 51 is (OK, some sort of mono). I have never and most likely will never experience what he considers serious sailing.
rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2018, 10:23   #32

Boat: Lagoon L42

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbi View Post
Sounds like an involuntary conversion from a mono. Profile says he is waiting for delivery in 10/2018.

But is the condo comment really that negative? Maybe just stating the obvious.

Personally I don't like the new line of boats coming from FP and Lagoon.

I believe it is negative for catamarans to be continuously referred to as condo-marans or condo-cats as accepted practice on this forum lately. I disagree that it is "stating the obvious".

I joined this forum quite a few years ago when I had a FP and have been away while between boats. The general tone of conversation has gotten much more negative and combative which is why I seldom participate. Personally I don't care about the opinion of others when it comes to boat choices......lots of room in the harbor for everyone.
RoadRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2018, 11:00   #33
smj

Boat: TRT 1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadRacer View Post
I believe it is negative for catamarans to be continuously referred to as condo-marans or condo-cats as accepted practice on this forum lately. I disagree that it is "stating the obvious".

I joined this forum quite a few years ago when I had a FP and have been away while between boats. The general tone of conversation has gotten much more negative and combative which is why I seldom participate. Personally I don't care about the opinion of others when it comes to boat choices......lots of room in the harbor for everyone.

Seems as if it has become accepted practice to refer to a certain type of catamaran as a condo cat. Could be a negative naming or positive depending on your outlook.
smj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2018, 11:13   #34

Boat: Lagoon 380 S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadRacer View Post
You can't deny that the models of the last 5 years or so show a shift in design priorities of FP and Lagoon.
With their recent designs they have moved from "boats with accomodation" to "accomodation that floats".

Its what the market demands and it ensures economic success for them so from their perspective its the right move.
But this is what supports the condomarans impression with IKEA interiors.
rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote