just going to cover my arse here before it get roasted here is the email
i sent to jp the night BEFORE he left
Alex , the owner wants me to go so I go , I took 450 l of feul involved 2
crews and have food
for a week and as you now the weather can change very
quiqly here in the nord atlantic .
----- Original Message -----
From: "sonia" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
To: "jean pierre" <email@example.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 16, 2014 1:32 AM
"bonne etoille" arriving in horta.
sent you a text last night after getting the latest position of bonne
given the distance i think it is better that we wait another 36 hours before
you leave,ie monday morning.
the weather is still good with southerlies and he is making slow but steady
progeress towards horta,and in no danger
plus at 60 miles,by the time you get there you will only have a few hours of
light to find him,and no new fix till after dark.
by monday he should be 20 miles or so away and a lot easier to find as he
should be aiming for horta channel,and will be apperciative of a tow in if
his engines are disabled as reported.
he might also be in range so he can use his cell phone
sorry to mess you around,but patience at the moment is probably the best
not sure what the owners instructions were to you,as i haven't been able to
contact him this late tonght,but would not like him to get a substantial
bill unnessacarily for a 140 mile round trip,where as 40 miles is
justifiable,and errs on the side of caution.
cheers good job getting the sat phone
it will make locating him much easier.