Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-09-2017, 23:37   #1

Boat: Looking
Anyone going or have gone to Cannes Yacht Festival?

We have been interested in a cat, and happen to be visiting my sister in Paris, among other sites/countries. Anyway, timing worked out and got cheep flights to Cannes..

Is the VIP pass worth it to save time on lines? We will only have one full day ( last day Sunday) to see anything we need to. Eventually we want a 40-45 foot cat, and I don't think we will be able to see any in Southern California any rule soon. How difficult is it to get aboard and check out new boats?

Any requested photos, will try to fulfill! I think that new Lagoon 40/50 will be there. Also want to see Lucia 40, Helia, and Leopard 40/45

Chris
Brav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 00:17   #2

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Moody 31
Re: Anyone going or have gone to Cannes Yacht Festival?

Chris, if you are serious and can sound serious to a manufacturer, then contact them now and say you are coming. Certainly with the Southampton Boatshow coming up shortly overseas visitors are treated like minor royalty by the show organisers and manfacturers so contact them both and say you are flying in from the US for the show. Dress accordingly. The great unwashed will be kept well away from expensive yachts, so you need to show that you have the dosh and are serious about buying, hence contact them and make an appointment rather than just turning up.

Southampton show if you are still in Europe:

https://southamptonboatshow.com/
Pete7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 00:19   #3

hi, I have been last year's and chances are am going this year too (on Friday though). Even assuming bigger attendance on Sunday, I don't think you need VIP passes; you might have to wait a little bit but you'll have a good chance to step aboard all the boats that you want, repeatedly and again if you'd like to. Enjoy!
Waveda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 14:32   #4

Last year was a splendid edition : marvelous weather!
yes, make your appointments in time, there might be crazy waiting lines, especially at Lagoon.
Vip pass is nice, there's a separate lounge area with perfect service.
eugene presley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 14:33   #5

And we spent 4 days at the festival. When leaving we still had the impression not seen it all!
eugene presley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 10:10   #6

Boat: Custom 70’ pilot house

Definitely contact the different manufacturers you wish to see and book appointments. They will have some already set and others will be waiting in line.
Always better to come ready or you'll waste your only day there.
Enjoy the show!
Unfortunately we won't make it this time.
Atraxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 10:37   #7

If anyone feels up to it, I'm really hoping for details or a video on the new Nautitech Open 40.
  • Do the aft cabins feel more open with the new port lights?
  • Does the salon table fold out for room for 4?
  • Does the salon table/seating convert to an extra berth?
  • Is the odd seat extension in the center of the salon movable? Can you snug it up to the table for additional seating?
  • Is the seat extension a decent place to throw some back pillows on for a reading nook?
  • Is there a sane/comfortable place for a TV or small projection screen for movie night? Any pop-up TV space maybe?

My only issue with the old Open 40 was the salon layout. It seemed serviceable enough for meals, work and an additional guest berth in a pinch, but it didn't look comfortable or flexible enough for just lounging if you were dying for some air conditioning on a warm rainy day and wanted to tuck into a book or something. So I'm very interested in finding out if it feels more generally livable. I'd love to hear the thoughts of people who get to see the new version in person!
ssmoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 15:50   #8

Hi,
I have been to Cannes Yacht Festival those 15 last years. No need of VIP pass. You can get aboard any boat under 55-60' without problem.
The best is to ask first at your arrival for a RdV later in the day, to be sure.

In the range 40-45', regarding cats, you should see Lagoon 42, 450, Nautitech 40 Open (rather than FP Lucia), FP Helia (more expensive than Lagoon 450S) ... and Outremer 45 (if you're looking for a true sailing cat !)

Have a nice day in Cannes !
Khamsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 23:04   #9

Boat: Looking

Thanks all for the input. I have contacted a few manufacturers.. not holding my breath for a response.

Khamsin, why no love for Lucia?
Brav is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
yacht