Hey Thanks for the tips! No never organized one before and this type of race will be the first here. Wont be doing it myself and surely there will be a lot of people involved, but will start small and work
our way up. Again not sure but maybe have 3-4 events
a year each being different. Triathlons marathons and bike races are very popular so wanted to mix that into the mix.
Some points we were thinking about were;
1) Has to be coed. So at least one woman onboard.
2) Adventure based. So seeing new places that you would never see otherwise. Going to those off the beaten path places.
3) Mixing skills like Sailing, Cycling, free diving
etc. (Not sure what to include yet, but most likely the most popular sports)
4) Parties and events
to bring people together from various countries and have new friendships.
5) Maybe have a BEST DRESSED crew prize.
6) One day everyone cooks breakfast and everyone goes around to each boat
trying each others special receipt, then have a best breakfast prize.
7) Each boat
is required to film part of the race. Used later to promote.
8) There will be points for each leg of the race so there are chances for everyone to excel.
9) Sponsors will provide prizes for each category and an overall winner will have he ultimate prize. I am sure we can get in the excess of $100,000 in prices. I already know 4 companies that would pitch
We would hope more and more people come and boat owners could outsource crew. Also hope the Aussie and Singapore
sailors would eventually get involved in the big event once a year. (This is a bit longer term once the race gets established)
Once step at a time.