Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-09-2008, 01:48   #196

Boat: tophat 25ft size matters
yes sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunKing View Post
YUP!!!
where do i go to pick it up if you arwe really giving it away
islandspirit7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2008, 03:58   #197

Boat: FP Tobago 35
In our marina, we pay by boat area, but if we (multis) can lie in less than 1 meter of water we get a 50% discount. Normally they would only be able to get a few small boats there, so this is a better deal for the marina and us.

I pay around 600 US$ per year for a 35 ft cat... Okay 300 more if I leave it in over the winter. This includes water and power in the summer period.
Nordic cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2008, 04:07   #198

Boat: Leopard 46 Cat "Tulliana"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic cat View Post
In our marina, we pay by boat area, but if we (multis) can lie in less than 1 meter of water we get a 50% discount. Normally they would only be able to get a few small boats there, so this is a better deal for the marina and us.

I pay around 600 US$ per year for a 35 ft cat... Okay 300 more if I leave it in over the winter. This includes water and power in the summer period.
I wouldn't come to the Med then as you will be paying your annual fee plus a bit more for your Tobago for a month!!
Adaero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2008, 04:08   #199

advantages of what?

Yes 44c it seems radical moving ones boat from Bundaberg to nz. The bundy port marina rates are in the table below...
Bundaberg Port Marina

Gee Alan we seem to have a bee in our bonnet Judging by your last couple of efforts. ...................... quote

I am truly amazed at some of the rediculous comments made here in the multi forum. I asked a serious question on another Forum just recently. Why is it that Multi's don't head to windward very well. We had a really great serious discussion about the subject and I learned a lot. It's about time some here hardened up a bit and realise that here are some posters that are actually posting some real questions, not "picking on" multi hull owners.

and

There are only two or maybe three here that cause a problem. Why do you guys constantly think you are being "picked on"? Why do you guys continually think you have to defend a multi? Why do you guys constantly think mono guys are out to attack you and your multis with any comment that has the slightest tilt toward negative. You even threw a hissey fit sometime back and created your own multiforum site. I see that went well. Sheesh guys, get a life. unquote.

I'm not sure it is a problem , I'd call it robust discussion.
Old 29-09-2008, 04:16   #200

Boat: FP Tobago 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adaero View Post
I wouldn't come to the Med then as you will be paying your annual fee plus a bit more for your Tobago for a month!!

We pay 63% income tax on anything over a gross of around 45000€/year, and a 1% of insured boat value in taxes.

So at last we get some of our tax money working for us, as the council owns the marina, in fact most in this country are council owned

As a guest a >15 m boat pays around 22€/day including power, water, baths and free wi-fi. Pretty typical price for cruising up here in the Baltic, though some charge for power and baths.

Alan
Nordic cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2008, 07:12   #201
cruiser

Boat: Catalac Catamaran
Quote:

What a deal you have there. Costs here are $10-$14 per foot (depending on city and available services) per month for a monohull. If your Cat can snuggle into a Monohull slip, there is no extra charge.
Tropic Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2008, 10:06   #202
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
We pay 63% income tax on anything over a gross of around 45000€/year, and a 1% of insured boat value in taxes.

So at last we get some of our tax money working for us, as the council owns the marina, in fact most in this country are council owned

As a guest a >15 m boat pays around 22€/day including power, water, baths and free wi-fi. Pretty typical price for cruising up here in the Baltic, though some charge for power and baths.
Alan
63% Ouch! Annual Tax on a boat???? Yikes! Paying for a mooring? (not telling anyone where you are seems to work. allegedly - even if not a Marina).

I agree that 2x is a bit unfair on Multi's - maybe back in the 70's they were twice the beam of monos, but nowadays I think 1.5 is fairer - if not 1:1 - but if a boat (mono or multi) is using / blocking 2 berths, even if not fully using both then IMO only fair that the operator charges for the 2 full berths involved.
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2008, 13:53   #203
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Multihulls - cats and Tris
Quote:
In our marina, we pay by boat area, but if we (multis) can lie in less than 1 meter of water we get a 50% discount. Normally they would only be able to get a few small boats there, so this is a better deal for the marina and us..
Thats a very interesting point, Some posters with monos demand to know why they should supplement the multi sailors in terms of berthing, whereas I demand to know why I had to pay Port of Brisbane and Yacht fee increases to pay for dredging of the Manly Boat Harbour in Brisbane when I clearly dont need 3 meters of water to get in and out of my berth. Perhaps rather than square meterage we should be charged on Cubic volume.
Factor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
multihull