Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-02-2018, 22:07   #16

Boat: St Francis 48Turbo
Re: 51' BRAZAPI Erik Lerouge

I know this is a very old post but i came across this advertisement for a "Serene 52" today. Still looks like a nice cat although I'm not sure I'd take the leap. Search Sailing Catamarans for Sale | Large Catamarans For Sale

I keep being drawn back to a St Francis 50 at the moment but it is just a little outside my price range.
Heath68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2018, 23:22   #17

So, 5 years later, it's still for sale, and price went up by $50K?! According to this thread, it was $649K few years ago. How odd is that?! I understand that some people have lots of money and they don't have to sell anything quick...But how stupid is that? It's already 13 years old boat.
This is not the only example of such "selling" (not really!), but quite bizzare one.
ranchero76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2018, 00:18   #18
cruiser

Boat: OPBs

"Yes, dear. I'm definitely selling it. It's advertised!"

Perhaps?
tp12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2018, 14:00   #19
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Orana 2010, Hélia 2013, Catana C 47 2013, Nautitech 46 Fly 2018

Eric Lerouge makes very slim, fast and light boats. If someone needs all the luxuries like this one has he/she should have the wrong boat. This boat has a very little payload and the performance goes quickly down with every pound you put on the boat.

I have never seen or heard any EL design who sailed 10 years with fixed props, teak cocpit , in boom furling, aircon and genset .. If Eric had seen this boat he would have recall it. Whatever refit you do on this boat you will still sleep in a bed which is the half size of Lagoon or FP 44-45 range..

Strange..

Cheers

Yeloya
yeloya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2018, 21:21   #20

Well, when you list a boat for $650k and you only include one interior pic, how serious can you be? There are so many questions a potential buyer would have that could be answered from seeing the layout. Requiring correspondence to get these tells me all I'd need to know about the buying process with them.
Thalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2018, 23:37   #21

What disappoints most - this is by far not the only example of such "marketing".
Another example - when boat was on the market for a few years (with same pictures!), current price is almost 500K Euro (so it's not something insignificant), and on my request to send me recent pictures and list of work required, broker replies that "he lives too far from boat", my only desire - to offer him $200K in "as-is" condition. The only reason why I'm not doing that - not really interested in dealing with idiots or receive rude stupid response. So let it stay on the market for few more years, than either owner dies or boat sinks.
ranchero76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2018, 19:56   #22

Boat: Aloha 34

It has been for sale for a long time. I wonder if the owner is accepting offers? I suspect not.
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2020, 23:44   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by boating2go View Post
The guy docked next to me is thinking of buying this boat:

2005 BRAZAPI Erik Lerouge Sail Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

Being a normal human being with curiosity I have been looking for reviews of the boat on line to no avail. Anyone know any thing about them?

The guy that is interested in it has high praise for them. I do not know if he is only enthusiastic about the boat or the stats he cites are true. He tends to fixate when excited about something.
Is this the same boat, just different name? Still for sale in Hawaii as of 05/21/2020.
https://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/...099355650.html
noahtibbetts is offline   Reply With Quote