Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-04-2017, 22:18   #31

Boat: Truant Triad 37 Cutter-Alaska, Leopard 40 Cat, Bahamas
Re: What Do You Think Of This Vega?

Right B.

Well, I was responding without quoting some others who made it seem like buying a boat sight unseen was idiotic, and showing a good way to do it. There may be other methods too but I think it's very doable and yes the survey may not make sense for the OP but he found a boat somewhere distant that seems to make sense for him so maybe it would help. I still feel that it's fine to buy an "overpriced" boat if it is better than average condition and has the features you may want, and maybe in sail away condition. I'd much rather pay too much for a Vega than get a complete steal of a price on something newer and flashier only to find that it's really in need of many new systems...or other compromises that are unexpectedly bad in some way. Anyway, that's my 2 cents and thanks for expanding yours it's a valid point for sure. Getting a great boat isn't easy...
seahag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2017, 00:11   #32

Boat: Swan 40; Yankee Dolphin; International Fireball, Naples Sabot; Klepper Kayak with Sail Rig
Re: What Do You Think Of This Vega?

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnakiel View Post
How do you post without access to the Internet?

Vegas are OK for local cruising but if you want a cheap and better boat, you may be tempted to consider an IF as a viable alternative (if you live in Sweden/Denmark/Germany or anywhere nearby).

Cheers,
b.
I would look for a Contessa over an IF boat. The Contessa is more liveable inside and at least two of them have circumnavigated.
Alan j is offline   Reply With Quote