Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-08-2021, 07:37   #1

Volvo Penta MD5C looking for governor Infos.

Hi I have a Catalina 27 and my Volvo Penta MD5C suddenly stop running. No output from injection pump. OK, then remove pump and injector and have it refurbished with new injector. Reinstalled it but same result. I did found just beside the pump a plunger which I never use for the last 32 years and you could attach a line going in the cockpit if you want to use it. I discover that if you put in full throttle speed and then pull up this plunger the engine start in 2 speed level either idle or close to full speed everything works fine, as soon as I start moving the throttle then the engine stop. I do have the service manual for the MD5 that cover A, B and C. No mention of what is this plunger for and no Volvo certified mechanic around could answer. If you look on the Volvo EPC line for the MD5C governor control assembly is the exact replica of the model A and B, but in fact the C model is completely a different animal.

Is in this beautiful world of sailing is there somebody having any experience how to adjust the governor assembly for the MD5C model and as well having picture how this assembly work to get it back to work properly.

Gilles
Montreal area.
JonathanX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
penta, volvo