Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-02-2021, 07:01   #1

Trident voyager 30 Laminate Schedule?

Hi guys! I've got a 1978 Trident Voyager 30 (Hull number 2, lord help me), and I'm wondering what the hull lamination schedule is, and more importantly if that information still even exists. About a year ago, I spent about a month under the hull on the hard refinishing the bottom, and I noticed a few interesting things: the blisters were all about an inch deep into the keel, under the mat layer and above a bolt cloth layer. There were also roughly 200 blisters on the bottom, all of which I ground out, reglassed, and faired in.

Pic related, it's my boat on the hard in 2019. BLISTERS.

A little while ago, i was staring at the hull and it suddenly occured to me: what if the hull and the first layers of the keel were laid at the same time, and what if the hull is essentially just mat? The thickness of the keel sections I ground out roughly correspond to the thickness of the hull, and I'm worried that the hull is solely mat with no bolt cloth or biaxial. I'm looking to do a complete refit and restoration of this boat for blue water work, but if the hull is solely mat, then I don't think it's worth the effort.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200111_152544.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	421.7 KB
ID:	233368  
-Icarus- is offline   Reply With Quote