Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-11-2011, 08:59   #31

Boat: Hallberg Rassy 37
Re: Swedish Monohull Sailboats (CR-Yatchs)

Based in the same area of Sweden you have CR-Yatch CR Yachts that also produce top quality yachts. Like for Regina-yatch their history comes from HR, Charles Rutgersson who created the company (CR) is now working with his son Mattias to prepared a smooth succession. CR-yatchs production is very close of Nauticat, Sirius-yatch or Najad and at the opposite of Regina that was mostly integrating components built by subcontractors, CR does almost everything in their local factory to guaranty the best possible quality. When I visited their factory this summer that had 6 boats as different level of construction, they produce around 20 boats per year.

On Regina side, it looks like they've stop new boats construction. I also visited their factory this summer where they had 3 boats under construction. Nevertheless it seems now official that they will stop production after ongoing orders to focus on maintenance (a much easier and lucrative job).

For CR or Sirius, the good news is that they do not have a direct access to the sea. As a result they cannot easily make a lot of money from maintenance. In order to survive, the only solution for them is to continue the production of nice and orriginal boats.
fulup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2011, 15:44   #32

Boat: Comet 41s
Re: Swedish Monohull Sailboats

Hello,

Why only Swedish boats? Nordic European boats have all high quality, after all the Swans are from Finnland

I did not understand exactly the kind of boat you are looking and the price range for but if it is a high quality deck salon, besides the CR and Nauticat you have the Danish Nordship. The boat is faster and the quality is probably better than HR.

If it is a high quality cruiser fast and seaworthy you can also look at the line of cruising X yachts, also Danish. The Halberg Rassy is creating a new line of faster Aft cockpit boats partly because they are losing clients to them.

The Saare is a brand that recently has raised a lot of interest. Well built with a great interior but less expensive than Halberg Rassy. They have a new 38ft and are making a remake of its 41 ft now in aft cockpit version (they had already a 41 center cockpit).

You can see here the Saare 38 and on the same thread I believe you can find all boats that were talked on this thread, including photos and in some cases movies.

Interesting Sailboats - Page 185 - SailNet Community
Polux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2011, 17:23   #33

Boat: Bristol 38.8

Are there any Swedish multihulls? I doubt if you needed the "monohull" qualification in the title of the thread.
Curmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2011, 09:19   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polux View Post
Hello,

Why only Swedish boats? Nordic European boats have all high quality, after all the Swans are from Finnland

I did not understand exactly the kind of boat you are looking and the price range for but if it is a high quality deck salon, besides the CR and Nauticat you have the Danish Nordship. The boat is faster and the quality is probably better than HR.

If it is a high quality cruiser fast and seaworthy you can also look at the line of cruising X yachts, also Danish. The Halberg Rassy is creating a new line of faster Aft cockpit boats partly because they are losing clients to them.

The Saare is a brand that recently has raised a lot of interest. Well built with a great interior but less expensive than Halberg Rassy. They have a new 38ft and are making a remake of its 41 ft now in aft cockpit version (they had already a 41 center cockpit).

You can see here the Saare 38 and on the same thread I believe you can find all boats that were talked on this thread, including photos and in some cases movies.

Interesting Sailboats - Page 185 - SailNet Community
I like the swedish boats concept, their furnishings , and most of media appreciation's are high rated.

I visited a Nordship and i agre with you. The boat looked very comfortable. The owners gave me a very good appreciation of it.

I visited Saare web page, they look good, thanks. My preference for these scandinavian yards , is due to my confidence on these boats in general for heavy weather, be prepared for it , if it is necessary.
boggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2011, 10:38   #35

Boat: Comet 41s

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggie View Post
I like the swedish boats concept, their furnishings , and most of media appreciation's are high rated.

I visited a Nordship and i agre with you. The boat looked very comfortable. The owners gave me a very good appreciation of it.

I visited Saare web page, they look good, thanks. My preference for these scandinavian yards , is due to my confidence on these boats in general for heavy weather, be prepared for it , if it is necessary.
Scandinavian boats even if they tend to sail most of the time in the Baltic, perhaps because they have they north Atlantic close are normally medium height boats and some would consider them more seaworthy than a lighter sailing boat. Personally, considering a lighter well built boat like a Dehler, I think most difference is on sea motion, not seaworthiness.

Those Nordic boats have becoming lighter and lighter and today I think most difference has to do with having a more luxuous (and heavy) interior. Boats like the OVNI or the RM are not less seaworhy and even if we consider boats with a very good interior quality, the French Amel has a similar quality as well as for instance the Italian Solaris, even if they are all different boats, with very different interiors.

Among those Nordic expensive boats my inclination goes to the Danish (like Nordship) X-yachts cruising line. In my opinion its construction and materials are technically superior and I am not talking about the interior.

Go to that thread I had posted on the last post, on the last page there is a post that has information about that boat, particularly one Xc45 that is making the ARC.
Polux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2011, 10:16   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polux View Post
Scandinavian boats even if they tend to sail most of the time in the Baltic, perhaps because they have they north Atlantic close are normally medium height boats and some would consider them more seaworthy than a lighter sailing boat. Personally, considering a lighter well built boat like a Dehler, I think most difference is on sea motion, not seaworthiness.

Those Nordic boats have becoming lighter and lighter and today I think most difference has to do with having a more luxuous (and heavy) interior. Boats like the OVNI or the RM are not less seaworhy and even if we consider boats with a very good interior quality, the French Amel has a similar quality as well as for instance the Italian Solaris, even if they are all different boats, with very different interiors.

Among those Nordic expensive boats my inclination goes to the Danish (like Nordship) X-yachts cruising line. In my opinion its construction and materials are technically superior and I am not talking about the interior.

Go to that thread I had posted on the last post, on the last page there is a post that has information about that boat, particularly one Xc45 that is making the ARC.
I saw it, and it is very interesting
Old 26-07-2012, 16:09   #37

Boat: DownEaster 38

Anyone know about a Swedish made Lady Helmsman? 12.1m LOA/9.5 m LWL. Looks beautiful, but may be light at 4700 kg displacement with 2235 kg ballast. Comments?
bobmcd625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2012, 18:00   #38

Just bought a 1970 Hallberg Mistral 33. Amazing quality of design and workmanship. Sails like a dream, especially on the wind. 265 were built.
p4620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2012, 08:16   #39

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.

I love my HR 35 Rasmus. The wiring was funky but that has since been changed.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2012, 04:29   #40

I will look on their web site.

What is the average price of the HR35 ?
Old 30-08-2012, 20:55   #41

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.

Here ya go

Hallberg-Rassy 35 - RASMUS

Hallberg Rassy Boats For Sale
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2012, 19:31   #42

Boat: Shopping...

I would'nt change my Malo for anything else! And the more I compare, the more I love it.