Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-03-2012, 22:05   #1

Boat: Wauquiez Hood 38
Surveyor - BVI & Ft. Myers

Last December, I used Geoff Williams to survey a Beneteau in Tortola . He did a thorough job, including a trip up the mast, and provided a detailed 18 page report. The report included almost no boiler plate, and made me feel very well informed about the boat. Unfortunately, I did not buy the boat because of a deal breaker that Geoff alerted me to in his report. I would recommend Geoff without reservation.
I will be taking another boat into survey soon near Ft. Myers, FL. I have contacted a few area surveyors and looked at some ‘sample’ survey reports. One of the reports looks more like an ‘inventory’ list than a condition survey. The information on sails and rigging was limited in all the reports and none of the surveyors I’ve contacted go aloft as part of their inspection. This may be the norm for the U.S., and maybe I was spoiled by Geoff's work. But I am out of my depth on this 1986, 38’ boat, and hope to find a Ft. Myers area surveyor I will have confidence in. I welcome any recommendations.
Tom1340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2012, 09:03   #2

Boat: Steel cutter 46 feet ISOLA BIANCA II
Send a message via Skype™ to agennai
Re: Surveyor - BVI & Ft. Myers

thanks for your information...i'm buying an Amel supermaramu in martinica and I will contact Geoff Williams....hoping he can do it!!!!!
thanks

Tags
British Virgin Islands, surveyor