Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-05-2021, 15:08   #16

Re: Sun Loft 47

After it's charter life is done, they can sell it to a state prison system as cell space!
BillKny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2021, 16:04   #17

Boat: Owner built 60í Aluminum Expedition Yacht.

Bill...the manatees are rolling around on deck and below. Perfect.
Not just a 10, itís beyond perfect. Youíre killing us.
Dinner came out my nose.
Iím surprised they didnít show the retractable wheels for launching.
Where do you bunk fluffy the cat.
Goodness...please tell me itís a joke.
Mark and his crew ordering tee shirts with this boat and the words...
What ? No bunk for the cat?:facepalm
Manateeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2021, 06:01   #18

Boat: Former Privilege 48

I think it's telling that Jeanneau no longer puts the boat on their web page.

We had five people on board, no ample storage for belongings. We used the sixth bunk as storage for our food.

Those that think they are going to get twelve people on board will find it a bit overcrowded.

A bit, Mr Fish, beyond a bit. Seating was uncomfortable, helm station totally inadequate for steering long time.
Mrfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 04:39   #19

Boat: Jeanneau Sun Oddyssey 45 performance

I have returned from a week of charter on this exact model. We were 7 adults. 3 pairs and a single. We sailed in the 3rd week of October, in the Saronic gulf, greece.
The first 4 days were great. The sun was up, no rain, the boat sails ok. The visibility from the helm through the non-foldable storm window is poor, but you can look from the side. The berths are. Entry to the aft cabins a bit awkward using a wooden ladder, but then you have an en-suite.

On the 5th day it rained. Really rained. And the boat showed its ugly weaknesses. All the awnings leaked. There was nowhere on deck that was not wet. You could not keep the aft cabins open, because the leaks got onto the mattress. And having no sallon, there;s nowhere to stay. We just put our storm gear, closed all the tarps around the cockpit, and sailed back to Athens as fast as we could, returning the boat a day early. It was not a place to stay in another night.

This is a party boat. For sunny days only. For young kids. There's an amazing sound system. The roof opens up and everyone can dance on the deck. But that's it. For older people, and for real weather, this is the wrong wrong boat.
dbbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 05:00   #20
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Mariner 39

Interesting feedback, dbbd, and welcome to the forum!
JoeRobertJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 14:40   #21

My list of everything wrong; badly designed workings; reasons why it is an absolutly obsenity to charter for more than a day sail; were so long that I thought by saying "NO" to ever charter that boat again would be enough.

After 40 years of sailing in the BVI's, both Charter and as an owner, the SunLoft had to be the worst boat I have ever had to endure. It made it to the bottom of my list of boats that I would sail again.

Please don't let me hear another story like "dbbd"'s, that the boat was such a bargain and sounded so good. You have been warned "advised" to find another boat.
Old 02-01-2022, 22:56   #22

Boat: Jeanneau Sun Oddyssey 45 performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrfish View Post

Please don't let me hear another story like "dbbd"'s, that the boat was such a bargain and sounded so good. You have been warned "advised" to find another boat.
My English is probably so bad, that what you took from my story is that this boat was a bargain. Then again, you may have used the wrong pair of reading glasses...
dbbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 23:36   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbbd View Post
My English is probably so bad, that what you took from my story is that this boat was a bargain. Then again, you may have used the wrong pair of reading glasses...
No, sorry, it is my English that is missing.

I got a bargain, a bargain price that is, but it turned out to be not a bargain for me.

The boat was not a proper charter boat for the islands. We too encountered rain making the cockpit/salon most uncomfortable. And that is just one of the many design flaws that the Sunloft comes with.

I can only hope that no one else charters the Sunloft with the high hopes that we oth had for a wonderful charter.
Old 02-01-2022, 23:53   #24

Boat: Woods Mira 35 Catamaran

Here some info on a similar failed design from 20 years ago built by Dufour at the time:

https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums...-a-237180.html

https://www.boats.com/reviews/dufour-atoll-50/

Funny enough, behind both boats, the Atoll and the SunLoft, is, as far as I know, the otherwise positive and well received accomplished designer Philippe Briand.
Old 03-01-2022, 01:25   #25
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, dbbd.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jeanneau