Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-03-2019, 20:57   #16

Boat: Ericson/Gulfstar 50/ Noresman 447
Re: Shipping via Sevenstar - NEVER AGAIN!

I have heard only good reports about 7 Star shipping, like others commenting here the shipping line is unable to control weather sea state etc, you have to expect some movement with a yachtin a cradle. Then again you have omitted to say what happened an why you make this statement.
I have never shipped a yacht before due to that fact I am a sailor an I sail the boat as it is designed to rather than ship it.

As for their ( Seven Star) statement about being the best, let’s see is it not America which holds a World Series but no other countries take part in or is allowed to take part in false statement , I think so.
Old 13-03-2019, 21:31   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basil View Post
As for their ( Seven Star) statement about being the best, let’s see is it not America which holds a World Series but no other countries take part in or is allowed to take part in false statement , I think so.
Now that's a weird take.
While the liberal use of "world" is kind of a long running joke in baseball, my fine Canadian friends might frown upon their perceived status as a non-country in your little part of the globe.
Old 07-04-2019, 07:10   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
So what was your experience? What did you ship, how much did they charge and why were you so unhappy?
Hi, Yes I will write my 'War and Peace' story soon - when I have the time. I'll also include phots of the damage, and an account of being completely and totally ignored by the boss of SevenStar, Richard Klabbers. I was once told that "You can always tell a Dutchman - but you can never tell him much". HOLY CRAP.... does that apply to this organisation. They take your money - stuff you around, ignore you, damage your boat, and then pretend you don't exist.

ARROGANT IN THE EXTREME - COMPLETE AND TOTAL ARROGANT PRICKS IMO! O' and the remarks from one of the stevedores who has to regularly deal with the Australian honcho was EXTREMELY telling to say the least.... "O' Mr Hothead, we know him only too well"!

Further... a couple of the guys from the chandlery in Newcastle where the damaged yacht was unloaded said that they "hate having to deal with 'those pricks".
Old 07-04-2019, 14:14   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to weavis

Got a little personal with anecdotal mutterings.

Time to close the thread...
Old 07-04-2019, 16:49   #20

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

For those of you who are interested to read service reviews, service reviews need to contain documentation, and be written calmly, as the CF posting rules forbid "vendor rants"...unsubstantiated venting is not allowed.

Ann

Tags
sevenstar, shipping