Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-06-2020, 18:08   #1

Alantic Towers - arch systems for boats

Hi there, I just want to inform those boat owners who are considering installing a boat arch/tower for attaching accessories such as solar panels, radar, dinghy e.c.t.of a recent experience I had installing one. I ordered through a company called Atlantic Towers located on the East Coast for what they call "Tower in a Box". Sounds cheesy eh? Well, to my dismay, it was true to the name...the shipment arrived in such horrendous shape and had I been present to accept the shipment (the shipping company conveniently dropped it off when I was at work), I would have returned it. So, my lesson learned...never order from a company whose product comes in a box! To make matters worse, not only did I plunk down @$2500 but an additional $500 for S&H. You would think for that shipping charge, they would have used bubble wrap and styrofoam to protect the arches. Instead, there was only one layer of bubble wrap on the ends of the arches and the rest wrapped in a thin layer of plastic wrap. Oh, and they attached one end of the arches directly to the cardboard box with zip ties. I guess the product is ok if you live in NJ and like aluminum as a support structure.
Cheers, Nicole
Pawdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 18:12   #2

Sailboat tower/arch systems

Hi all, I just posted an experience with the purchase of a tower/arch system from Atlantic Towers in NJ. If interested...please check out the live-aboard forum where I reviewed the company's shipping credentials. Cheers, Nicole
Pawdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 18:29   #3

Re: Alantic Towers - arch systems for boats

I have one of those, arrived in great shape. I did take the day off work to receive it. They said if damaged refuse package, I think that was in shipping instructions from them. Shipped to Florida.
PLANET EXPRESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 19:13   #4
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Woods Vardo 34 Cat

Very strange post. There products do seem to have some issue for the loads people put on them, but not sure it's related to the OPs very strange complaint
Old 02-06-2020, 20:55   #5

Boat: Amel 53, Super Maramu

We have an Atlantic Towers arch (that was shipped to Florida) and it arrived in great shape, and has served us well for thousands of miles.

They are well designed and manufactured, and work well.

If the package was damaged, you have an issue with the SHIPPING company, not the manufacturer.

This is bogus.
SVHarmonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 20:56   #6

Boat: Amel 53, Super Maramu
Re: Sailboat tower/arch systems

Multiple post on the same subject violates the forum rules.

And in this case really makes you seem very.... petty.
SVHarmonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 21:02   #7

I’ve ordered parts from them but never a whole tower. However in one case there was a minor issue and they were great to deal with on the phone. They corrected the issue easily.

So ya this is hard to believe.
WSMFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 21:08   #8

Boat: Catalina 470

I had one shipped to Australia and have now sailed almost around the world with it.

I'm very pleased with the delivery of the product and the product itself. Its seen terrible weather, it was also hit by another boat in a marina recently and survived .
daletournier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 12:34   #9

Boat: Brewer 12.3

I suggest for the DYI folks look into the carbon fiber tubing and fittings. I have not done this myself but recently saw all the goodies required available for the erector set method.
Oldwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 12:48   #10

Boat: center console

I, too had bought a "Tower in a box" from Atlantic, although I picked it up at their factory, it was one of the best improvements for my Gemini catamaran.
Again, the issue is with the freight company, not Atlantic Towers.
1affiah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arc, boat, sail, sailboat