Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-07-2014, 00:06   #1

Boat: S2 11.0C
S2 11.0C

I love this little 36 footer. I've taken liberties with her (Miss Behavin) by totally getting away the traditional saloon design. I took some ideas from Hunter to make her seem roomier and more spacious than she really is. Light cream vinyl headliner with recessed LED lighting. Then around the mid-section, a light pine laminate that transitions into a rosewood sole. By using this, sort-of, banding it gives it that wide appearance. To break-away from tradition, I yanked out the U shaped dinette and the bench across from it (I've always hated that look) and replaced it with sections of a semi-circular sectional (had to modify it a little to make it fit. It splits in the middle for access to the forward compartments. Opposite that, on the Port and Starboard side I installed small but cushy, matching barrel chairs. For dining I modified the galley a little to put in a four stool breakfast bar, with a long, narrow mirror opposite, so, though you're sitting side-by-side, your looking at each others face while dining. That alone saved me a huge amount of space. Which I utilized to increase space in the bathroom, where I put in a full sized, circular shower made from a lightly frosted plexiglass material. It rides in a circular track that not only has a hall entry, but you can enter and exit, directly into the aft cabin. This was my girlfriends idea and its very sexy. I, also, added two dark tented skylights to add more light to the room. Forward, the "V" birth, is now a bunk bed, providing more free space, a design idea that I liked in the Morgan Out-Island series. I made some other adaptations to make cleaning and entertaining easier.
genobethune is offline   Reply With Quote