Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2015, 06:31   #1

Boat: Catalina 42
R&R of CT 41 hot water heater

I was having a great weekend on board my CT41 "Dawn Treader" when I noticed the water pressure pump was running more than normal. I filled the tanks thinking that they must be low and following the fill-up my pump began to cycle on and off about every 30 seconds and hot water started showing up in the bilge. I began tracing all of my hot lines to find the water heater tucked back under the cockpit deck on the port side of the mizzen mast was leaking big time. Quite a bit of rust on the bottom of the tank and copious amounts of steaming water lead me to believe that the old unit had failed. Probably seeping for some time. Those of you who have the same arrangement will know that access is quite limited for replacement. I have a second tank also on the port side forward of the stove under the counter in the galley but it never worked and had a tag on it indicating it was abandoned some years ago. Advise from the CF community regarding R&R of either of these tanks is appreciated in advance.

Many thanks,
Found at Sea
Found at Sea is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ct 41, ramp, water