Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-06-2017, 09:30   #76

Re: Pros and cons of this Tanzer 26 please

The drain hole cold have avoided the boat filling with water if it was stored for a long time..... OR it could have been made to drain water out of a boat with lots in it! Hard to say without looking carefully.
It seems a bargain to me if the motor runs. The likely hood of the transmission being bad is not high but possible. Any old boat you have to be aware that it will need constant work, so don't fool your self, but that will apply to a boat you see in the water that runs too.
Have you seen the title? Ask the owner. I've had people selling a bot think it is one thing and it's another. Did Tanzer make a 27?
You need to be prepared to send some money, if it sat long the batteries are likely dead, getting the engine going well, changing fluids, fuel filters, new water pump impellor ,Zincs done etc . That's the way boats are. You just need to know if the engine runs, the hull is good and the sails are good and be prepared for "boat ownership".
You can glass fill the "large" hole properly or maybe a seacock and thru hull could be installed if you are not ready to start your glassing career.

Cheechako is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lease