Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-12-2019, 11:49   #1

New Old Boat

Did it again! Bid on a sailboat on ebay and won it. 1959 Pearson Triton needs some work; fordeck soft, Universal A4 not ran for 2 years+, standing and running rigging suspect need changed, sails old and unknown condition, etc but I couldn't resist for so little money. The good, comes with brand new in the box 6hp Tohatsu sailmaster engine, New in box atlantic solar/radar arch, new tiller pilot in box, new outboard mounting bracket, magma gas grill, west marine dinghy with oars, etc. I will try to post a few pics for comment. These boats have such praises heaped on them I can't believe it. Any info/suggestions welcome.[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	59 <a title=pearson triton6.jpg Views: 274 Size: 335.2 KB ID: 204978" style="margin: 2px" />[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	59 pearson triton 8.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	372.8 KB
ID:	204974   Click image for larger version

Name:	59pearson triton 1.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	438.1 KB
ID:	204975  

Click image for larger version

Name:	59 pearson triton 3.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	329.3 KB
ID:	204976   Click image for larger version

Name:	59 pearson triton 7.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	268.0 KB
ID:	204977  

Sailormanbigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2019, 14:31   #2

Re: New Old Boat

what no comments on my new purchase?
Old 13-12-2019, 15:10   #3

Boat: Sabre 34II

Wow, congratulations on your winning bid!

If you have not undertaken a task like this before definitely go through a youtube channel called atomvoyager. He also has a Pearson Triton and has refitted it completely and you will get a lot of helpful hints. He mostly refurbishes Pearsons and Albergs.

Here's is his website:
https://atomvoyages.com/atom.html

Have fun
Knotical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2019, 15:30   #4

thanks, that's why I bought the boat because he circumnavigated his twice and has good reference materials to go from. I am well versed in boat repair. Both power and sail. I plan to retire on this boat in 2 years wherever it ends up? I am hoping to get up there and check it out to see what is necessary to sail it safely but not worry about cosmetics. Then take a week or two this summer to fix and hopefully launch and sail about the Chessy? Then head south this fall to a destination closer to home and cheap. Like Green Cove Spring Marina in North Florida? A lot depends on my finances and job requirements. Thanks for the link and reply.
Old 13-12-2019, 15:35   #5

Boat: 1962 Columbia 29 MK 1 #37

Wow, I suspect you got what I would consider a very good deal. You have a rugged and proven design, one that can go places, run into things, handle a rough sea and can be careened without concern. When I see the pictures I think of just giving her a bath, getting her in the water and taking her sailing right away, and then see what needs to be fixed. ‘Course you may want to check a few things first...
There’s definitely a part of me that would love to have the time, money and work space to fix up boats like ours.
Oh yeah, mandatory you now join the Plastic Classics social group!
Don C L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2019, 16:38   #6
running down a dream

Boat: cape dory 30 MKII
Send a message via Yahoo to gonesail

concentrate on what needs to be fixed. don't go looking for problems. sweet looking boat

Tags
boat