Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-08-2015, 07:57   #1

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 400
Need Slip in Annapolis Area Late September to Late November

Looking to berth in water in or near Annapolis for fall with possibility to extend into winter. Not living aboard except for occasional overnights and don’t need any amenities other than a single 30 amp cord and a place to park a car. Trying to come in below the published monthly slip rates of well-known local marinas. Boat is a Beneteau OC 400 – LOA 40’, beam 13’, draft 5’. Please PM me with any leads.
4arch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 13:32   #2

Boat: 1980 Tartan 33
Re: Need Slip in Annapolis Area Late September to Late November

Go to the online classifieds for Spinsheet.com an Annapolis monthly mag
Jack Lahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 17:20   #3

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 400

Thanks - I did check Spinsheet and CL and will follow up on a few ads but posted here thinking there might be someone heading south for the winter and leaving an open slip behind.
4arch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 20:18   #4

Boat: Belliure Endurance 35
Send a message via Yahoo to DaveC

The last time I sailed up in the Chesapeake I noticed that many boats are hauled out for the winter beginning in October timeframe so you probably won't have much trouble finding a spot.

I transiented at Herrington Harbour North about 20 mi south of Annapolis and it was a great marina with a restaurant/bar and a West Marine on the marina grounds. There are many marinas closer to Annapolis but it seems the rates go up the closer you get.

I'm not sure if you're familiar with the Chesapeake but if not then keep in mind that depending where you are and the season the water can ice over in the winter.
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 20:54   #5

Boat: Currently Shopping, & Heavily in LUST!

There's a Pub, in Eastport I believe, which hosts the after race festivities, especially for the more casual races. I'm sure if you ask there, they'll know/have lots of ideas & local knowledge. You might try asking Annapolis Performance Sailing too www.apsltd.com As from what I gather, they're a pretty big hub for things there too.

The Uncommon Thing, The Hard Thing, The Important Thing (in Life): Making Promises to Yourself, And Keeping Them.
UNCIVILIZED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 10:38   #6

Boat: Menger 19' Catboat

I have a neighbor across the street on deep water (8'+) in a very sheltered quiet cove off Mill Creek (off the northwest corner of Whitehall Bay, across the river from Annapolis). She still has my old berth open and is looking to rent it.

It is a side tie on a long "ell" on the end of her dock. The cove is very sheltered from the weather and has minimal traffic, so the berth works fine with a couple of fender boards. I used to keep my old 46' cutter there and still keep my little catboat in another slip on the dock. There is 30A power, water, and parking.

If you are interested, I'll PM her email address to you.
Ukeluthier is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annapolis