Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-06-2019, 09:14   #1

Boat: Morgan 323
Morgan 323 Info

Hi all,

My wife and I have been looking at boats for the purpose of extended cruising and went to look at a Morgan 323 over the weekend. This boat wasn't even on our radar before a week ago when a friend of ours told us about one listed nearby. Went to look at it and was pleasantly surprised by the relatively spacious layout compared to other 32' we've looked at, and from what I could tell, was in reasonably good condition. Needs some topside paint and a good sanding and varnishing to the exterior teak, and over time will need the ac and dc systems updated, but other than that and the typical upgrades to suit our living style, nothing urgently needing repair or replacement, assuming a survey doesn't discover something.

The issue I'm having though is finding hardly any info on these particular models. And I'm a little confused on the 321 vs 322 vs 323. I've gathered enough so far that they are a bit better build than the OI series, but unclear as to why. The few first-hand accounts that I've managed to find seem to be very loyal and claim them to be quite capable and seaworthy boats that won't pound too bad in rough seas.

Many boats we've been interested in so far have had dedicated owners groups, plenty of literature and sail history, and known issues to look out for, but this one I seem to keep coming up short.

Anyone with first-hand experience that wouldn't mind giving your two cents would be greatly appreciated. Hell, at this point, if your brothers uncles best friends sister had one and you know anything about it, would be appreciated.

Thanks!
SailAwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2019, 05:48   #2

Re: Morgan 323 Info

Where can I get Morgan 323 in Dubai? I want to buy this but don't know the procedure. I don't know the process for shipping this but i agree to pay any cargo company for shipment as well.
owenwatts698 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
morgan