Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-06-2018, 07:22   #1

Mcgregor Venture 22 or Grampian 22

Hello again. It looks like I am deciding between a Mcgregor 22, the owner says 25 but it only has one set of port windows like the 22. I think the 25s all had 2, and a Grampian 23.

The Grampian has a shoal draft and centerboard, and the McGregor has a swing keel. We plan on sailing the great lakes and the boat will be trailered, meaning pulled in and out of boat ramps, we will find deep ones for the shoal keel and or use a hitch extension.

Assuming the boats are in similar condition, which I don't know just yet until I knock on some hulls etc., which boat would you choose and why? I am leaning heavily towards the Grampian, but am worried a bit about the shoal draft and trailering weight, though I am within an hour of most boat ramps I would use.

It is significant to note that the mcgregor seller is not a sailer, acquired the boat last fall and kept it trailered. The grampian seller is an avid sailer and had the boat out the other day and says the boat is sailable and has no issues and comes with a brand new main sail.

Cheers all.
Kai76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Grampian, ramp