Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-05-2007, 10:56   #61

Hope this works

Here is Stepping Stone.Click image for larger version

Name:	P7080056.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	1190
Old 28-05-2007, 13:59   #62
elf

Boat: Catalina 30
Wow, gorgeous boat. Congratulations!

Elf
elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 20:18   #63

I bought a Maple Leaf 45 a couple of months ago. Does anybody have any comments about these boats?
wayzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2007, 10:49   #64

A little update on our boat buying. We closed on Monday. Going to pick it up in Blane, Wa on Tuesday. Spend a day or two with the ex-owners learning the systems. Then my family and I are going to cruise up the Georga Strait to desolation sound on a three week cruise. After that we are going to head down the west coast of Vancouver island and deliver her to newport, OR. Live aboard for the next year then head down to Mexico next summer/fall and cruise the World till we can't cruise no more.
I am 31 and have been dreaming about this since I was 14. I can't believe It is finaly a reality!!!!
Old 21-06-2007, 11:48   #65

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Congratulations!!
Kind Regards,
JohnL
SkiprJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2007, 12:09   #66

Boat: President 43 Sportfish
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskfreedom
A little update on our boat buying. We closed on Monday. Going to pick it up in Blane, Wa on Tuesday. Spend a day or two with the ex-owners learning the systems. Then my family and I are going to cruise up the Georga Strait to desolation sound on a three week cruise. After that we are going to head down the west coast of Vancouver island and deliver her to newport, OR. Live aboard for the next year then head down to Mexico next summer/fall and cruise the World till we can't cruise no more.
I am 31 and have been dreaming about this since I was 14. I can't believe It is finaly a reality!!!!
Yo ESK,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Well done.

best, andy
Terra Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2007, 15:12   #67
elf

Boat: Catalina 30
Congratulations! You are doing what so many dream of but so few actually do. Hope your shakedown cruise goes very smoothly. Keep us posted!

elf
elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2007, 21:07   #68

Thanks guys, we are sittin on cloud nine right now. We are also nervous as heck!! The waters up there are not for amateurs. The tide surges 8-16 knots in some of the narrows and there is rocks everywhere!!!
Old 22-06-2007, 01:24   #69

Hi There ,
I sailed the Maple Leaf with the late Stan Huntingford over 20 years ago up to Desolation Sound. I seem to remember it being built by builders called Cooper Bros. not far from Stan's home on the North Shore Vancouver.
A really super boat - a real cruising boat - lots of storage.
Shallow draft good for getting into places others cannot.
I don't remember the boat being tender - so what ever ballast it has does the job.

(forgive if I got name 'Cooper' wrong - long time a ago - Stan took me down to the yard see a Mapleleaf under construction - strong boat)
Laidback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2007, 04:41   #70

Boat: Westsail - CC - 42
Check to see what's under that carpet. Once you get into the tropics sand and saltwater will make a quick mess of it and w/o lots of power and vacuuming daily you'll probably want to pitch it.

Fair Winds
dkall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2007, 22:30   #71

Boat: 38' Homebuilt Cutter - "Atticus"
Congrats. Looks like an amazing boat. I am envious. Keep us up to date on your adventures.
Colorado Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2007, 11:22   #72

We love our boat!!! We took posession of her in Blane WA, on Wednesday June 27th. Then sailed across the Strait of Georgia on the Thursday to the Gulf Islands and anchored in Ganges. We moved up to Pirates Cove, then to Nanaimo and stayed at a marina to clean her and get supplies. Then we sailed across the Strait again to Pender Harbor. We continued on and anchored at the Cooper Islands. Then we rounded Sarah Point and finally made it to Desolation Sound and anchored in Grace Harbor where I deep sixed my dinghy motor in 50 ft of water. The next day found a free diver anchored close by and he retrieved it with some effort. I had it running for about three days,off and on, then it finally told me to "F" off and would run no more. We moved up to Tenedos Bay and my wife slayed some lingcod and snapper. Then we went up to Laura Cove and stayed two days. Desolation Sound is absolutely beautiful and the water is about 75 degrees. We sailed back to Blaine the same way we came up and had the sail of our lives across the Strait of Georgia with 20-30k winds under full sail!!I saw the speedo hit 9.4k once and we averaged 8.5. It was fun!! We arrived in Blaine on Friday the 13th and are now home waiting for crew to help deliver her down to Newport OR. We miis our boat terribly ...and can't wait to sail her again. All in all it was one hell of a shakedown cruise.
Old 18-07-2007, 12:35   #73

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Wow!!
Sounds like you really had a ball. My friends on Pacific Voyager (Fuji 45)are heading down to Astoria from that area right now. They started from Campbell River, re-engined in Vancouver and are now stopping at different places on their way to Astoria.
Can't wait to hear their stories too.
Thanks,
JohnL
SkiprJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2007, 19:34   #74

Boat: Sold - Landlocked
Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskfreedom
I know the feeling of waiting most of ones life for the dream to come true. Perhaps we will see each other on the water soon as we just picked up our boat Sunday. I will be doing some maintenance in it before we put it in the water in Coos Bay.
Our 5 kids are so excited that they want to be in the boat every minute that they can even though it is not in the watere yet!
Our goal is to have a boat with closer to the room yours has as ours is too small for anything but daysailing or short overnighters at this point.
Again, Congrats and enjoy!
clausont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 16:33   #75
cruiser

terminology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangiroo
actually wanker describes a person who spends too many hours "playing" with said appendage rather than the appendage itself.........although now it has been co-opted to be used in several colorful ways with different meanings....as in..."ya bloody wanker" meaning "you jerk"....or..."he was wanking on and on about it" meaning "he was going on and on about it"...you get the picture....slightly derogatory but not meant to be REALLY offensive...just a little bit.......depends whether it is accompanied with a mischevious grin or not...
A non wanker is defined as a prostate cancer victim.
Brent
Brent Swain is offline   Reply With Quote