Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-01-2021, 16:39   #1

Looking for french sloop design name

I lost my notes where I had written down the designer of this boat,

hopefully you guys can help me out,

From memory it was between 30/37 feet, french design and build, 1980s or 1990s it honestly looked like a french solo racer inspired cruising boat, wide cockpit aft, twin rudders(maybe) arrow shaped, with a teak tiller (maybe twin tillers, the cockpit coamings were hollow at the back so you could store lines inside them, and then the cockpit was lined with teak strips on the back of the coaming and the seating area. Some of them had big chunky teak davits on the stern and it was a stepped semi open transom,

I think it also had a teak bowsprit and a very nice boxy but sleek doghouse/coachroof

The interior was peculiar because they had u shaped seating athwart-ships and then there was a berth forward of the seating area in the saloon, so you hat to step over the cushions to get into the berth forward, all open plan

It kinda looked like the older slightly bigger cousin of a beneteau first 25.5 or like a pogo 36 but wayy older, it looks from what i remember exactly like a david reard design but fiberglass, very french solo ocean racer looks but cruising and with some beautiful teak accents

really sporty and simple looking yacht for its time, really interested if any of you have any leads on them please let me know
Thepacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2021, 17:33   #2

Re: Looking for french sloop design name

bump!

Still very much looking, any leads would be much appreciated
Thepacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2021, 19:20   #3

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop
Re: Looking for french sloop design name

Via 36? single tiller, though, drop boards, cockpit with teak strips and open with a forepeak berth you step over the cusions to get to, and one double aft, plus one single.

Good luck with your hunt.

More recent French alloy boats with cockpits like that and retractable keel: Allures.

Have a look around. There is also the Django, but i think it is too recent for what you are looking for. Still, see if you can find some images and post them, make it easier for folks.

Ann

Tags
enc, sloop