Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-03-2017, 02:48   #1

lift keel trailer sailer

Hi,

I'm currently looking for a small trailer sailer with a lift keel capable of coastal cruising. Max weight with trailer would be around 1100-1200 kg. Now comes the hardest part: maximum budget = 3500 euro's (can be extended if the boat is in good condition). I recently saw a Hunter Europa and trailer for 2000 euro's (I tought she had a lift keel as well), unfortunately she's already off the market.

So can you guys think of any boats that fit these requirements? I am thinking of a Hunter Medina, Hunter Europa 19 (if she has a lift keel), Swift 18 (altough it's out of budget), Kolibrie 560 (but they need to be craned). Or do you know someone who sells a comparable boat with trailer?

Also would it be possible to refit a Hunter Formula 1 to a coastal 'cruiser' (more like a weekender)? I've read that they don't do too well in waves and well.... I wish to sail at sea as I live at the Belgian coast.

Thanks in advance!

ps: does anyone know how to remove a post? As my previous post isn't really relevant anymore and I don't want to spam this forum.
Tuur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2017, 07:33   #2

Boat: Sandpiper 565, Tanzer 22, Corbin 39
Re: lift keel trailer sailer

Hi:

Small boats are very regional, so I could suggest a few found around where I live, but that would not help you.

I would suggest a search of www.sailboatdata.com. Unfortunately cannot search by displacement, so you will have to search by LOA, maybe 18 to 20 feet, and look for some makes that ring a bell in your region.

You have a difficult task. I figure my 18 foot 1200 pound displacement boat is 2000 pounds/ 900kg with motor and a bit of gear. My tow vehicle is rated at 2000 pounds, so just feasible.

Boulter.
Boulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2017, 05:34   #3

Re: lift keel trailer sailer

Thanks for te reply, I 've used sailboatdata.com but it' s a bit in practical (it did help me). I've now found a French site called www.minicroiseur.fr and it really is just right for me. Highly recommended if you know some French.
Tuur is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
keel, lift, sail