Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-04-2018, 02:39   #1

Boat: Dufour GL 360
Kaufman CT49

Hello all, I am looking for a little advice from anyone having experience with CT 49's. I am currently in the Middle East and there is one available for sale over here. I would love to buy a boat to live aboard for a few years as everything is super expensive over here. I would also like my live aboard option to be suitable to sail out of here when the day comes, either south around Africa or north through the med. No plans are carved-in-stone, just want to keep my options open.

here is a link to the boat I am considering...

https://dubai.dubizzle.com/motors/bo...m9hdHMv&pos=24

Thanks in advance

Joe
Ranger06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 04:59   #2

Boat: plastic production boat, suitable for deep blue water ;)
Re: Kaufman CT49

I could not see the other 9 photos on 'your' ad, but the description is not quite like a CT49, like " long keel", in my recollection it has a fin keel with a rudder on a skeg. Built by Cheoy Lee? Again, as far as I recall, Ta Ciao in Taiwan to be the builder.

They are very nice boats. I looked at a CT 47 (nearly identical) and a CT 49 to buy, they have lots of teak on top and below, sail really well. IMO, good for any sailing, anywhere, one would like to do, and as far I could see, very well built.
Maybe check sailboatdata for more info on this boat...... just did it myself here CT-49 sailboat specifications and details on sailboatdata.com
Hmmm, it shows an (non-flattering) photo of one with a pilothouse by the looks of it.
Regarding your interest and purchase, as always: "buyer be aware".