Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-12-2015, 13:16   #196
cruiser

Re: Island packet 38 is this a good liveaboard/cruiser/coastal...bluewater sailboat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cards26 View Post
There should be a lesson here for the site administrators in how to deal with new posters. It's not only here, it's everywhere on the net.

A new poster is not part of the 'clique', and may not sound right, as we're all from different walks in life, so may not fit in right away. I find it interesting that one of the 'beraters' of CR is the same one that berated me when i signed on to the site.

If I have any questions about buying a boat, I'll send it to Polux on private mail, where I'm treated respectfully.

Maybe admin can come up with a solution for new posters, as many of them get po'd and leave right away. Like I say, this is on all kinds of forums, not just here.
No matter where you go, i guess even out at sea you are going to find "those" people, like here. "Those" people are the few as it is evidenced here.
I wouldn't let "those" people get under your skin...it is what they want, they want to troll you and drag you around. Only you can allow them to manipulate you like that.

In the world there is a lot of mental illnesses. As cities become denser and bigger, the incidence of mental illnesses increases and that is manifested in symptoms that people exhibit in their daily living with others. Extreme anger, blowing things out of proportion, trying to get a posse going against others over trivial issues, obsessiveness with an issue or person, going over board, possessiveness of an issue and so on are all symptoms of greater things going on in people's life. A big issue being addressed in mental health is loneliness.

Many people are lonely because they are incapable of maintaining personal relationships or friends. It is one of the most pervasive symptoms of mental illnesses. Many of these people reside in the internet since it is the only place where they can hide and many times interact with others. But even there you can see the dysfunctionality.

This is a forum, many people from all walks of life come here, some honest and sincere, some no so honest and sincere, some racist, some not racist, some haters, some not haters, some thieves, some not thieves and so on...

The most important thing here is to take everything with a boulder of salt and remember that you are in a forum, others are reading and you never know who is reading and this is an small world. Don't get caught up in the emotion of the moment...

Besides i have to practice writing my english... and i have to find me a sailboat and i am moving to Florida...can't wait!

Just find to flock with the birds of your feathers, don't run away pissed... thrive and make a positive difference!

I am happy with this site, so it is not perfect, but it does have perfect information and i know that there are good, honest and great people here also, but unfortunately then, there are "those people"...

Oh well! That's life!
Old 26-12-2015, 13:43   #197
cruiser

Re: Island packet 38 is this a good liveaboard/cruiser/coastal...bluewater sailboat?

Quote:
CR.....write on private mail to a poster named Polux, he'll answer your questions.
Thank you buddy! I have bought a load of books, been in quite a few sites about sailboats and i am learning...

I will PM Polux if in need... thank you for your time and the contact.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
Old 26-12-2015, 15:00   #198
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by deluxe68 View Post
Serious question. Were you ever in the United States Army?
Of America?
Old 26-12-2015, 19:37   #199

Boat: Swan 432

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptRican View Post
Were you?
I was in the USAF for 24 years. Never once did I ever hear anyone use the term "United States Army of America". I worked with people in all branches of the services.
Old 26-12-2015, 19:48   #200

Boat: Swan 432

Quote:
There should be a lesson here for the site administrators in how to deal with new posters. It's not only here, it's everywhere on the net.

A new poster is not part of the 'clique', and may not sound right, as we're all from different walks in life, so may not fit in right away. I find it interesting that one of the 'beraters' of CR is the same one that berated me when i signed on to the site.

If I have any questions about buying a boat, I'll send it to Polux on private mail, where I'm treated respectfully.

Maybe admin can come up with a solution for new posters, as many of them get po'd and leave right away. Like I say, this is on all kinds of forums, not just here.
Part of the problem is that there are people who are obvious trolls who come on the Internet in order to get a reaction out of people. A motorcycle forum I belong to has that happen frequently. For example, one time a 18 year old asked about buying a 160HP racing motorcycle and he had never ridden a bike before. When people tried explaining that was a bike that would kill him he kept asking about what color helmet to get etc. Every week it seems there is another new sailor asking about buying a 50 foot sailboat to singlehand around the world. Their budget is $5000 and they want to start next week. It is frustrating to give out the same advice to so many people who cannot seem to figure out how the search function works.
Old 26-12-2015, 22:37   #201

Boat: Jon Sayer 1-off 46 ft fract rig sloop strip plank in W Red Cedar

CRican, I dunno who is trolling whom, but it seems to me that you have been complaining about how you have been treated for the last X pages rather than asking the sailing questions that you" paid your 15 bucks for".

Most of us don't much care whether you served in an army or not, or whether you have your sensibilities injured by criticism or whatever. We will try to answer reasonable questions about boat things... so why don't you go back to asking questions and stop this personal trash show?

And the rest of you CFers, why not stop attacking this gent. You may not approve of how he is attempting to become a sailor, but so what? Answer his queries or not, but let him pursue his dream... it ain't your money that he will waste if it doesn't work out.

Jim
Old 26-12-2015, 23:00   #202

Boat: Pearson 367

This whole thread feels like Don Quixote chasing Dulcinea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dulcinea_del_Toboso

The forum seems to be Sancho
Old 26-12-2015, 23:04   #203

Boat: Jon Sayer 1-off 46 ft fract rig sloop strip plank in W Red Cedar

Quote:
I love it when people who really have nothing to say, come here to weave their insults into what otherwise would have been something to say.
OK mate, have it your way... enjoy your life of dreaming, sailing, and pissing people off. Whichever comes first...

jim
Old 26-12-2015, 23:08   #204
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCoolDave View Post
This whole thread feels like Don Quixote chasing Dulcinea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dulcinea_del_Toboso
ah, caught in the web another one lands!

Sir, Master Knight of the Highest Order, please explain to this lowly pauper, devoid of all that it is writen...How does Quijote chasing Dulcinea compares to this thread? My jackyDee soaked neurons failed to make the prosaic connection.
Old 26-12-2015, 23:33   #205

Boat: Pearson 367

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptRican View Post
ah, caught in the web another one lands!

Sir, Master Knight of the Highest Order, please explain to this lowly pauper, devoid of all that it is writen...How does Quijote chasing Dulcinea compares to this thread? My jackyDee soaked neurons failed to make the prosaic connection.
If you can't do the math then I cant help you. Sorry....
Old 27-12-2015, 06:09   #206

Boat: Morgan Moorings 50

This thread is awesome
Old 27-12-2015, 06:28   #207
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 48 Wauquiez Pilot Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDabs View Post
This thread is awesome
Ain't it though...

The stuff that makes mods anxious...

You can skip to post 117, then 2, then 38, back to 196... and not get any more or less out of it...

Mai Tai's fix everything...
Old 27-12-2015, 06:31   #208

Boat: Island Packet 420

How About...

THE END

(to this thread)
Old 27-12-2015, 06:34   #209

Boat: Morgan Moorings 50

Yeah, so is the IP 38 a good bluewater boat??? who knows!!!
Old 27-12-2015, 07:52   #210

Boat: 2018 Seadoo GTX 230

The 35' I/P that I looked at in Deltaville Va. did not have an easy way into or out of the water. It just had a ladder with a lot of freeboard to climb. That turned me off.

I want easy access into and out of the water.

That being said. From Michigan to Florida using the ICW. Then onto the Caribbean there are a lot of boats (as I was told) could do that sailing. I am in the used Catalina, Hunter, Beneteau category.

The newer boats, post 2000 seem to have more consideration to single hand sailing with lines that come back near the navigator.

For me, I need to research 'self tacking gibs' and auto pilots.

Spend a few hours watching YouTube - you will see small boats sailing from California to Hawaii or a young man that sails an old wooded sailboat.

Sailing is not rocket science. Sure there are things to learn but again do not get hung up on the boat as much as keep moving forward with the plan.

Good luck

Sent from my SM-G360V using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, cruiser, island packet, liveaboard, sail, sailboat, water