Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-12-2015, 12:54   #136
cruiser

Re: Island packet 38 is this a good liveaboard/cruiser/coastal...bluewater sailboat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy Belle View Post
Okay, whatever you say

Ima gonna watch In The Heart Of The Sea, which has magically found its way onto my harddrive

(In the Heart of the Sea (2015) - IMDb)

Hope the cat is willing to share "her" bed with me so I can get comfy ...

Some people may romanticize living with a feline, but it's a constant battle of wills - and I'm not winning many
A cat? I like Cats! I have two, Jimini and Mia!! Yayyyy!

Enjoy your movie!
Old 22-12-2015, 12:57   #137

Boat: Ohlson 29
Re: Island packet 38 is this a good liveaboard/cruiser/coastal...bluewater sailboat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptRican View Post
But you did parked the sailboat in an area where others had to come by you increasing that possibility.

The forum rules prevent me from posting a reply to this.
Probably a good thing.

Happy sailing, "C"R.

I'm done.
Old 22-12-2015, 12:59   #138
cruiser

Quote:
I know. Winter blues, they're horrible. But it'll be spring soon enough

There's a couple of months the weather is crap, which makes it perfect time for maintenance.
During that time, boats sometimes lack a few vital parts that are being worked on.
Hence the stuck-in-a-slip mood.

As to sailing: closest option here is the North Sea, where I do not want to be in this weather.

Watching some people drown hopefully cheers me up haha!
Those Winter blues are horrible! You need to head for the sun soon before you become any more grey, gloomy and cynical, is killing you.

Go walking or something! Get out! enjoy freedom!
Old 22-12-2015, 13:05   #139
cruiser

Quote:

The forum rules prevent me from posting a reply to this.
Probably a good thing.

Happy sailing, "C"R.

I'm done.
I was always taught that communication is just that communication, and we are communicating.

I have respected your style and your approach.
I have respected your opinions no matter how severed they were.
I have been respectful and i have listened.

Yet you seem to be intolerant of...

I am sorry that you feel that way. I am always willing to listen to whatever you have to say my friend.
Old 22-12-2015, 15:01   #140

Quote:
No offense intended my friend, and i am apologetic if i made you feel offended.

But you did parked the sailboat in an area where others had to come by you increasing that possibility. .

......................then why is it that some people seem to never have any problems and others seem to always be in the middle of it?

Some people are willing to avoid problems at all cost while others seem to not. Some people are willing to yield for the sake of avoiding, others stand their grounds and fight for their perceived rights. Its a matter of perspective and perceptions, i am all for avoiding so i am very vigilant.
WTF!!!

I can understand Lizzy.

Look CR, picture yourself this:

I'm sure you're smart enough to know what WINTER at latitude 38 is in NOVEMBER. It was COLD and it was 7:30 p.m., I'd finished dinner, was reading a book down below. It was DARK out. The sun had gone down. This is NOT unusual behavior at anchor, right?

Now, in case you haven't figured this out, boats at anchor are in anchorages, where OTHER boats COME & GO. That means the other boats are MOVING.

I was NOT moving.

The other guy WAS moving.

He hit me.

Get it?

I did NOT put myself in harm's way, I was anchored in an anchorage. What seems so hard for you to understand?

If you go back and read some of your more recent claptrap, you'll see that you are indeed offending me, and making me out to be irresponsible by simply being there. He hit me.

When you've got a mile or two under your belt, c'mon back and let us know how you fared in your fist, uhm, anchorage.

Good luck.
Catalina 34 #224 (1986) C34IA Secretary
Cowichan Bay, BC, SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)
Old 22-12-2015, 15:29   #141

Boat: Ohlson 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Jackson View Post
By this men's thinking:

- you were burgled? Your own damn fault, why were you even living in an area where people could get near your home?

- someone slammed into your (parked) car? Also your own fault, you shouldn't be driving or parking where other cars could come close to yours!

Etc. etc.
By his logic, criminals would have a field day - it's all the victims fault, if only they'd been smart enough to find themselves a quiet spot in the desert, away from any and all living beings that could possibly get near them or their property, it never would have happened.

Can't fix stupid, Stu, and there is no need at all for you to explain yourself.
And sorry mods, but this really qualifies as stupid in my book.
Old 22-12-2015, 15:30   #142
cruiser

Quote:
WTF!!!

I can understand Lizzy.

I'm sure you're smart enough to know what WINTER at latitude 38 is in NOVEMBER. It was COLD and it was 7:30 p.m., I'd finished dinner, was reading a book down below. It was DARK out. The sun had gone down. This is NOT unusual behavior at anchor, right?

Now, in case you haven't figured this out, boats at anchor are in anchorages, where OTHER boats COME & GO. That means the other boats are MOVING.

I was NOT moving.

The other guy WAS moving.

He hit me.

Get it?

I did NOT put myself in harm's way, I was anchored in an anchorage. What seems so hard for you to understand?

If you go back and read some of your more recent claptrap, you'll see that you are indeed offending me, and making me out to be irresponsible by simply being there. He hit me.

When you've got a mile or two under your belt, c'mon back and let us know how you fared in your fist, uhm, anchorage.

Good luck.
Anchorage? is that marina? I am not very familiar with anchorages.

But hey i got your message!

Be careful out there? right?

Enjoy the evening my friend...
Old 22-12-2015, 15:46   #143
cruiser

Quote:
By this men's thinking:

- you were burgled? Your own damn fault, why were you even living in an area where people could get near your home?

- someone slammed into your (parked) car? Also your own fault, you shouldn't be driving or parking where other cars could come close to yours!

Etc. etc.
By his logic, criminals would have a field day - it's all the victims fault, if only they'd been smart enough to find themselves a quiet spot in the desert, away from any and all living beings that could possibly get near them or their property, it never would have happened.

Can't fix stupid, Stu, and there is no need at all for you to explain yourself.
And sorry mods, but this really qualifies as stupid in my book.

Thank you for showing all of us how kind and understanding you are, and for your graciousness and good manners.

FYI- In everything you have a choice. As i said before, if you do not want your car to be ding in the parking lot then park your car away from everybody, i do. I park my Yukon Denali away from everybody and where no one is beside me and so far that even if the parking lot fills up slowly i am still way out there.

You don't want to be burglarized? Don't move into a bad neighborhood and if you do you take precautions, cameras, sensors etc. dog, shotgun... Matter of fact according to FBI crime data most homes that are burglarized is because of the owners carelessness, go read it. I have never been burglarized, or my family, not to say it would never happen, but it will not be a walk in the park i will tell you that much.

I never said that it was "always" the victim's fault, every situation has to be evaluated on its own merits.

If you live in a packed marina then what should you expect? If you have neighbors what should you expect? If you park your car in a packed parking lot next to other cars what should you expect? If you leave your car garage open and your back door open and your windows open what should you expect?

And thank you for calling me stupid, you must not be very happy with yourself and your lot in life.

I feel sad for you that you are not happy! I hope that the sun shines upon your countenance and brings to you peace!
Old 22-12-2015, 21:47   #144

CR, there is a tad of a difference between being hit when anchored than getting your car dinged in a parking lot, or even being burglarized. Just for fun & games, my friend, we returned home last New Years Eve from a trip to visit my wife's father to find out house burglarized. Guess I should move, eh?

Your logic escapes me as it pertains to my anchoring situation. Sorry, I don't buy it for a minute.
Old 22-12-2015, 21:53   #145

Boat: Oyster 55

Quote:
Your logic escapes me as it pertains to my anchoring situation. Sorry, I don't buy it for a minute.
Logic? You expect logic in this thread? I think we passed that point about 60 posts ago.
Old 22-12-2015, 21:57   #146

Quote:
I park my Yukon Denali away from everybody and where no one is beside me and so far that even if the parking lot fills up slowly i am still way out there.
Ahhh, no idea why it took me so long.

CR, my anchoring situation is JUST LIKE you parking your Denali at the far end of the parking lot and someone STILL HITS YOU.

Get it now?
Old 23-12-2015, 05:53   #147

Boat: Scout 30

If you read every post on this thread EXCEPT "CaptRican"'s this is actually an interesting thread. You've got to love someone calling themselves a captain when he doesn't even know what an anchorage is. God help us if he ever actually does get a boat. He'll be the one ramming you in an anchorage & then blaming you for being anchored there.
Old 23-12-2015, 08:32   #148
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout 30 View Post
If you read every post on this thread EXCEPT "CaptRican"'s this is actually an interesting thread. You've got to love someone calling themselves a captain when he doesn't even know what an anchorage is. God help us if he ever actually does get a boat. He'll be the one ramming you in an anchorage & then blaming you for being anchored there.
You know, my daughter got promoted to Captain in the United States Army! and earned a commander position.
My other daughter is starting her own business with the help of my wonderful ex, and the family.
I just sold 20 items that will make it easy for me to start my liveaboard life and adventure.
A few neighbors came over yesterday and sat with me to drink a warm German beer, and to express to me how sad they felt that i was leaving.
The mailman today told me the same thing.
I was able to give some nice clothes away to someone who didn't have nice clothes and who is starting a job, that made me feel really good, since i helped him to learn how to dress for success by giving the book, dress for success and showing him.
Out of the blues someone called me and said, "i heard you want to learn how to sail?" and invited me to view his boat, which he is not selling, just so i can familiarize myself with a sailboat.
Since i am selling my rental business. I took the opportunity to allow a tenant, a single mother who was in need of a nice place to live, to obtain one of my apartments at a very modest discounted rate, saving her money on her security deposit and helping her to get on her feet, i felt like a million bucks watching her face so happy. I also went ahead and gave her a 2 year lease with all sort of options to benefit her.

Oh my son, got his civil engineering degree last year! He is doing great!

My ex, she is a wonderful woman and my best friend and her husband is a swell guy whom i respect very much.

I am doing well thank you and looking forward to a great adventure and to sailing.

Yes, I am going to be CaptRican, nothing wrong with projecting...matter of fact successful people use it all the time. Can't become something, if you don't first see yourself in it first.

Thank you for all your encouragement and positiveness, since the good purpose of the post has been lost, this is my last post here.

Nos vemos camarada! ADIOS!

Old 23-12-2015, 08:51   #149

Guess he didn't take constructive criticism too well.

Guess I'll never find out where to "park my boat in the parking lot."
Old 23-12-2015, 08:59   #150

Boat: Scout 30

Truly a legend in his own mind. Bon Voyage "Captain".
Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, cruiser, island packet, liveaboard, sail, sailboat, water