Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-06-2011, 21:15   #1

Info on Gib Sea 52.2 Master

I'm looking to buy a Gib Sea 52.2 Master for live aboard and charter in the Med but it's very hard to find any info on these boats on the internet.

Can anyone help me on this one? Like: what are the specific problems on these boats, Blue Water capabilities etc.....

Bob Le Large
Netherlands
boblelarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2020, 20:47   #2

Boat: Gib Sea Master 52
Re: Info on Gib Sea 52.2 Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by boblelarge View Post
I'm looking to buy a Gib Sea 52.2 Master for live aboard and charter in the Med but it's very hard to find any info on these boats on the internet.

Can anyone help me on this one? Like: what are the specific problems on these boats, Blue Water capabilities etc.....

Bob Le Large
Netherlands
Hi There, I got the same question and just see we are on the same page
joe4yacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2020, 12:45   #3

Hi Joe, well, we finally bought a GibSea 52.2 after viewing 5 different ones in 2012 and sailed her since then. What a fantastic yacht for such money........ We took 1 year to renovate her extensively and used her for live aboard and skippered charter in the Med for the past 7 years.
Now having 2 baby girls we have put her up for sale again with pain in our heart 😢. She lies in Lefkas, Greece at € 82.500 . If you are interested, you can send me a message or find her ar Yachtworld. Regards, Bob
Old 16-07-2020, 00:18   #4

Boat: Gib Sea Master 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by boblelarge View Post
Hi Joe, well, we finally bought a GibSea 52.2 after viewing 5 different ones in 2012 and sailed her since then. What a fantastic yacht for such money........ We took 1 year to renovate her extensively and used her for live aboard and skippered charter in the Med for the past 7 years.
Now having 2 baby girls we have put her up for sale again with pain in our heart 😢. She lies in Lefkas, Greece at € 82.500 . If you are interested, you can send me a message or find her ar Yachtworld. Regards, Bob
Hello Bob, sorry for late reply! Yes I did see yours a wile ago, I contacted the broker for further info and they never replied. Another broker company I contacted replied that the boat was sold! Still looking for sailing performance & weak points for this boat. Thanks!
joe4yacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 07:50   #5

Hi Joe,

Strange that my broker told you it was sold as it isn't , we have just now lowered the selling price to € 82.500,- You can find 'Gaia' on https://nl.yachtworld.com/boten/1991...aster-3661518/

Concerning the Gib'Seas: if you are looking for a fast cruiser; look elsewhere...... but for a very stable, dry end comfortable sailing yacht she the one to choose. The more wind, the happier she sails. Our Gaia has a fully battened, traditional hoisting sail in her 23m mast (...) which is quite some cloth but she handles it very well and comfortable. We have crossed the Gulf of Biscay twice in the notorious Biscay weather and, although I was very impressed by the circumstances, Gaia stayed very dry operated well, even with a very tiny stormjib.

The downside of the amount of sail is that it tends to get quite heavy to hoist and shorten sail. Even with 16 winches on board, an electrical one at the mast would be quite nice...

These Gib'Seas are known never to have any osmosis issues. The only big issues we have had was a big chafe at the point where the mast goes through the roof but that might have to do with a low tension of the spanners with the former owner. We reinforced the mast at taht point and never had any problems since (with the right tension of course....) Furthermore we have had a broken chainplate connector in a big wind. The stainless steel strip which connects the chainplate to the frame of the yacht broke. According to the insurance company this might have been a material fatique.

These are really the only things I can think of after 6 years of having this magnificent yacht. If you need any more info or want to have a look at Gaia please don't hesitate to contact me. Regards, Bob
Old 17-10-2020, 09:54   #6

Hey Boblelarge!!

We are very interested in purchasing your Gib’Sea! We are US citizens so we can’t get to Lefkas to purchase it but do you think the brokerage or someone could get it to Croatia??

We are a family of 5 (grandfather, husband, wife, daughter, and son) looking to sail the Med for a few years and love the layout of the 52.2.

Let me know!!
Egrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2020, 04:17   #7

Hi Egrave,

Thanks for your enthusiastic message! I can affirm that Gaia would be a very good choice for the plans and crew you are mentioning. Especially because of the huge amount of outside space (2 cockpits).

Sorry to say that we just came from Croatia after spending 4 years there ..... Of course we can deliver Gaia to Croatia but only after a sale. We have another interested party who sends a local surveyor to do a survey tomorrow on Monday Oct 19th. So that might be an option for you too if you are not able to come to Greece?

Best regards, Bob
Old 16-02-2021, 00:11   #8

Hi Bob!!
Did there is some development about your Gaia? Is she still for sale?
What happens with the party who sent a surveyor in october..?
I have a lot of question for you

Regards,

Yann
Yannh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2021, 03:42   #9

Hi Yann,

The survey in October was cancelled due to the Covid circumstances. We are talking to a couple of people for a while now but are not yet at the point of signing contracts. So, yes, she is still available....

You can contact the broker for any questions via the link to Yachtworld which was posted a few threads before. If he can't answer, he will direct you to me.

Best regards, Bob
Old 18-07-2021, 05:02   #10

Boat: Gib’Sea 52.2 1991

Hi Bob,
I found this thread whilst trying to research gib sea 52.2’s and it turns out I’m looking at Gaia. Would be great to talk to you about her. My number is +44 7871 49 49 64
Regards,
Gerry
Gerry.Vega is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Gib'Sea