Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-02-2015, 13:02   #16

Boat: Hunter 386
Re: Hunter Timeline

Ok here's another dumb question. I was looking at a 2004 Hunter 41. There are a few for sale on yachtworld.com but in other places they don't seem to exist. Hunterowners.com has the 41 starting in 2006 and so does Sailboatdata.com. And there is the 41 Deck salon (also 2006) which seems to be exactly the same boat.
Old 24-02-2015, 13:18   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 38

I second going on the Hunter owners forum, it was them that told me what to look for in the 356 that I was surveying, and guess what? That one had the particular problem I was told to watch out for. Owners groups are a great source of knowledge. Unfortunately it also had wet decks, you could see some surface cracking in one part of the deck that the moisture meter read high on, it had been a Great Lakes boat and we guessed the cracking had come from a freeze thaw cycle, just guessing though.

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
a64pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2015, 14:00   #18

Boat: 2017 Jeanneau 519

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macblaze View Post
Ok here's another dumb question. I was looking at a 2004 Hunter 41. There are a few for sale on yachtworld.com but in other places they don't seem to exist. Hunterowners.com has the 41 starting in 2006 and so does Sailboatdata.com. And there is the 41 Deck salon (also 2006) which seems to be exactly the same boat.
yes it took me about 10 sec to find the web site and look up previous models. try putting a little work in it by finding the info first and you would get more help with seriuos questions. Also if you want real questions about a certain brand again as stated so many times goto the owners site. you will get better direction than the few of us on here that have owned them.
41AC (2005-2010)
41DS (2005-2012) / Brochure

http://marlow-hunter.com/wp-content/...r-Brochure.pdf
scuba0_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2015, 15:01   #19

Boat: Hunter 386

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba0_1 View Post
yes it took me about 10 sec to find the web site and look up previous models. try putting a little work in it by finding the info first and you would get more help with serious questions. Also if you want real questions about a certain brand again as stated so many times goto the owners site. you will get better direction than the few of us on here that have owned them.
41AC (2005-2010)
41DS (2005-2012) / Brochure

http://marlow-hunter.com/wp-content/...r-Brochure.pdf
God I love forums. Lazy bastards who ask stupid questions and snarky "wits" who answer them. No wonder I'm addicted. I'll just assume that the 2004 is a 2005 then shall I; it works for cars so I suppose the logic follows that's how boats are done as well.

Anyway, thanks for the answer. It clears up that mystery anyway.
Old 24-02-2015, 15:11   #20
RTB

Boat: Hunter 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macblaze View Post
God I love forums. Lazy bastards who ask stupid questions and snarky "wits" who answer them. No wonder I'm addicted. I'll just assume that the 2004 is a 2005 then shall I; it works for cars so I suppose the logic follows that's how boats are done as well.

Anyway, thanks for the answer. It clears up that mystery anyway.
ROFL.....you'll get plenty of "helpful" answers on Hunter threads. This one has been pretty good so far. I was unable to find a 2004 model either. You may want to call or email the broker if you really want to clear up the year model question. Either the Hunter site is wrong, or the ad is.

Ralph
RTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2015, 15:13   #21

Boat: Hunter 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTB View Post
Another member here just bought a newish 46' Hunter
S/V Good Morning Vietnam I met Brian and his girlfriend. He told me that the rudder had been replaced. The original had a CF rudder post, and was replaced with a stainless one. Not sure exactly which models that applies to. It probably doesn't apply to the boats you are considering, but something to check out.

Ralph
Hi Ralph,
I hope y'all are doing well. Sorry we haven't been back in contact, between work and working on the boat, we don't get out much.

A bit over a month ago we bought a 2001 460 and as Ralph said the rudder post had already been replaced with a SS one. We haven't made it any farther than Galveston Bay at this point so I can't comment much more than to say we really enjoy the boat, we're glad we bought her and from my point of view she sails nice. But again, nothing much thrown at her yet as we haven't been out of the bay.

Brian
txh2oskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2015, 15:28   #22
RTB

Boat: Hunter 36

Hey Brian. Too cold for much partying lately anyway. I hope you get those little things taken care of on the boat. Sometimes, they can become aggravating. Say hi to Susan for us.

Ralph
RTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 02:45   #23

Boat: Hunter 44DS

I have a Hunter 44 Deck Salon 2003 model that I have owned for almost 2 years and I am very happy with her. I bought her after a family had taken 2 years to sail her half way round the world to Australia. I have sailed her up and down the east coast of Australia in some really bad weather, 5 metre swells, kissed the bottom a few times on some bars and she has always been very forgiving and came thru. I am impressed just how solid she is.
Akapeterc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 03:36   #24

Boat: Hunter 340

I have owned my 1998 Hunter 34 for 7 years and love it for hundreds of reasons.
bgallinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 03:49   #25
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

John Cherubini was Hunter's primary architect for a number of years (1972 - 1980). In addition to the Hunter 25, he also designed the 27, 30, 33, 36, 37, and 54.
Sailboat designs of JohnÂ*Cherubini by year

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 06:13   #26

Boat: TBD

This is an interesting blog in re: Hunter selection and has an imbedded link with the Hunter Daddy himself for some Q&A. Enlightening.

How We Got To Hunter | SmackTalk!
Old 01-03-2015, 07:11   #27

Boat: 2017 Jeanneau 519

Great article.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
scuba0_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2015, 16:58   #28

I'm looking at a 2002 hunter 306. Looks great. Any input from other owners good or bad all accepted

peplefixr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2015, 17:04   #29
CLOD

Boat: none

asking wrong forum, bounce around here

Big Boats - SailboatOwners.com
Old 23-03-2015, 18:33   #30
nes

Boat: Island Packet 445

Quote:
Originally Posted by peplefixr View Post
I'm looking at a 2002 hunter 306. Looks great. Any input from other owners good or bad all accepted

I had a 2002 Hunter 326, from 2008 to 2013. Started on the west coast and sailed 45+ days a year. Took it by truck to Corpus Christi Texas and then motor/sailed to Tampa Florida via the inter coastal waterway. Put about 1100 miles on it in 29 days, mostly motoring. In 4 years on the west coast we put about 50 hours on the motor, in one month about 250. We used our boat a lot, added a bunch of things to learn how they work, and really enjoyed her.
Issues with the boat, when we got her is that she had not been used very much. As a result many things that are supposed to move did not, but with some elbow grease and patience we got past that. We had some odds and ends that did not work, like the spark on the stove, (after tearing it apart, I discovered that it had a battery that was dead).
As for the good stuff, the boat was very forgiving, pointed very high, was easy and fun to sail. With a little practice you could back that boat up under power anywhere. I regularly backed the full length of the dock, and always backed into my slip.
One issue, is that you could tune the sails so well that it would run a straight course with no hand on the wheel. Problem with that was if you fell overboard that boat would sail straight away.
Always dry inside, wasn't very fast with the roller main, and small jib.
Bottom line from me, NO complaints.
nes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hunter