Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-11-2015, 16:16   #31

Re: hunter legend 37.5 or beneteau first 375

Quote:
Originally Posted by bensolomon View Post
I found this page Pearson 10M Stability Calculation. I am not smart enough to know this in my head.

Sent from my XT1254 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
thats helpful but i cant find the hull draft listed for any boat and for the equiation you need that without the keel. I wish the boat builders would have this information online somewhere.
brandonv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2015, 16:46   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bensolomon View Post
I found this page Pearson 10M Stability Calculation. I am not smart enough to know this in my head.

Sent from my XT1254 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
do you know the CE rating the legend 37.5
Old 29-11-2015, 13:11   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinbad51 View Post
The previous review in Southwind on the Beneteau 375 ispretty well spot on. I have owned my 375 for 11 years and it has performed very well. My ownly gripe is the Volvo engine. It has performed well but parts are stupidly expensive.
We have raced ours occasionally and done reasonably well. It is a heavy boat and likes a little more wind.
We have cruised it extensively on the Great Lakes and also took it from Windsor, Ontario down to the Exumas and back. We are fortunate to have one with the shaoal draft of 5' 6". If you want more info on the boat or our experiences with it you can check our blog at afeica.wordpress.com
I don't really think the early Hunters were of the highest quality and I would think twice about going offshore with one, but that is just one persons opinion.
I looked at your blog very nice boat. I think im gonna go with the beneteau first 38 or 375. Have you been on a first 38? it looks very similar just a little longer. There are many good reviews and seems to be the perfect boat for my intentions. I also will be trying to find one with shoal draft. Is the aft berth pretty comfortable for two? Is there anything i should look for besides the headliner for common problems? I will have the boat surveyed for sure. I live in north idaho so i wont be looking till spring when i sell my house and head to florida or somewhere on the east coast. I appreciate the information.

Tags
beneteau, hunter