Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-01-2014, 13:47   #1

Hunter 36 keel bolts

Does anyone know the exact number of keel bolts on the Cherubini type H36? I have located eleven in the bilge area, Are there any more forward? I really don't want to lift the fixed forward sole needlessly.-Hunter is no help! I intend to drop the keel to re-seal it after groundings during our ICW trip from Maryland to Florida.
Jovar6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2014, 14:00   #2
cruiser

Re: Hunter 36 keel bolts

It sounds like you're experiencing the same level of non-existent customer service I experienced when our Hunter had keel issues (crickets). I can't help you with the keel bolt count, but you're doing the right thing by dropping your keel and sealing it up properly. Good luck.
Kenomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2014, 14:10   #3

Boat: Beneteau Idylle 13.50

Not that it really matters as they are most likely completely different.. But my Idylle 13.50 had 11 total -- 3 in the front, 6 in the middle (behind the stringer) and then 2 in front of the engine that were right on the centerline. The ones forward and aft most, were the smaller 20mm size.

I found looking at the keel, then going back into the salon with a reference point helped me to locate the outline of the keel in the cabin and subsequently, all of the bolt heads. Good luck, and I hope yours are nowhere near as rusted as mine were!
Swami18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2014, 14:38   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 38

When you call them on the phone, do they hang up or just put you on hold forever or what?
a64pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2014, 15:11   #5
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by a64pilot View Post
When you call them on the phone, do they hang up or just put you on hold forever or what?
When I tried to contact Hunter Factory customer service four different times regarding a keel failure, my only option was to leave a voice message. Not once did I ever receive a return call. When I spoke directly to the Hunter sales team at two different boat shows including the marketing manager and told them about the non-existent customer service, they appologized, took down my phone number and assured me that the service people would get back to me asap.... they never did.

Twice I called a Hunter dealer direct in San Diego for assistance locating a solar panel battery charger specific for our boat and a bilge pump... never got back to me on either issue. Then tried the Hunter factory, and was told by the person in the parts department, that Hunter did not stock parts that came on our boat (450cc) and that I'd need to track them down myself at a marine store.
Kenomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2014, 16:08   #6

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenomac View Post
When I tried to contact Hunter Factory customer service four different times regarding a keel failure, my only option was to leave a voice message. Not once did I ever receive a return call. When I spoke directly to the Hunter sales team at two different boat shows including the marketing manager and told them about the non-existent customer service, they appologized, took down my phone number and assured me that the service people would get back to me asap.... they never did.

Twice I called a Hunter dealer direct in San Diego for assistance locating a solar panel battery charger specific for our boat and a bilge pump... never got back to me on either issue. Then tried the Hunter factory, and was told by the person in the parts department, that Hunter did not stock parts that came on our boat (450cc) and that I'd need to track them down myself at a marine store.
In comparison, I contacted Hallberg Rassy regarding some of my cabinetry, door ring pulls and received an apologetic email for not getting back to me sooner and stated they still had plenty of rings for my 40 year old HR.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2014, 16:27   #7

Boat: Gulfstar 50 ketch

Go to Hunterowners.com they have a Cherubini section. Are you getting any water in the bilge?
ctl411 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hunter, keel, keel bolts