Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-01-2017, 12:32   #16

Boat: Looking for my next boat!
Re: Holy Cow! It's real

Congrats, you are a lucky man...living the dream...great looking boat! The adventure has already begun! Next step...go sailing!!!
hamburking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 12:44   #17

Boat: Bavaria Vision 42

Congratulations! And thanks for sharing the joy of new boat ownership. But make sure that you always remember where that checkbook is kept !
desodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 13:30   #18

Boat: "Wanderlust" -- 1999 Jefferson Rivanna 52'

Congratulations! She's a beauty.
MV Wanderlust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 14:07   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cate View Post
Nice looking boat, Racesmart... many happy miles and years of ownership to you and yours.

But when the euphoria wears off, you too will find that there are NO five (or ten, or fifteen..) minute jobs on a boat! Hell, you likely already know that. It is a good thing that for many of us, those jobs, while frustrating at the time, are so satisfying when done!

So enjoy!

Jim

Hahahahaha yes Jim, couldn't agree more, we just joke about the ever elusive 5 minute job. I do love the challenge, even though some teach me a new language out of shear frustration. Thanks you so much for the support.
racesmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 14:08   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnEasley View Post
Congratulations! She's a beauty.

[emoji3]
Old 11-01-2017, 14:10   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by desodave View Post
Congratulations! And thanks for sharing the joy of new boat ownership. But make sure that you always remember where that checkbook is kept !

Hahahaha yes, I've been told ownership is akin to standing in a cold shower tearing up 100dollar bills....
Old 11-01-2017, 14:32   #22

Boat: Catalina 470

Well done. Hope it's everything you want it to be. Yep boats can suck up the dollars ,BUT living aboard can be alot cheaper than land life.
Cruising was different than I expected, it was more real, sometimes great , sometimes not so great, personally its better than I expected! Boat maintenance is my employment...lol ..and I like it, its the something to do bit, a new horizon is the something to look forward to.

Sent from my vivo Y35 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
daletournier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 14:40   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by daletournier View Post
Well done. Hope it's everything you want it to be. Yep boats can suck up the dollars ,BUT living aboard can be alot cheaper than land life.
Cruising was different than I expected, it was more real, sometimes great , sometimes not so great, personally its better than I expected! Boat maintenance is my employment...lol ..and I like it, its the something to do bit, a new horizon is the something to look forward to.

Sent from my vivo Y35 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app

Thanks Dale, you've hit the nail on the head with what I hope it will be like! We've still got a fair bit to do to reach that stage, but it has begun! Our first goal is to use her as much as possible and she will let us know what is needed to move aboard, that is the next goal fingers crossed.
Old 11-01-2017, 14:41   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOffice View Post
Congrats!

Awesome, thank you.
Old 11-01-2017, 16:34   #25

Boat: Jeanneau Sun Odyssey DS43

Reminds me the moment and the so strong emotion of when we purchased Dance Me in the spring of 2011! 6 years later she still fulfills our needs and desires totally! Wish you and your family the very same. Happy sailing and stay safe!
Chalifour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 16:38   #26

Boat: Bristol 41.1 Keep on Dancin'

Brand named after the Beer? Classier than saying I sail a Pabst.
keepondancin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 16:41   #27

Boat: Beneteau, Oceanis 50 G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by racesmart View Post
Huge day today for the family. After many years of dreaming and flipping through every book of dreams and website of hopes.....and plenty spent on surveys/inspections of possible "this is the one" ..........we're down to the final out of water inspection today!! Deposit paid, contracts exchanged, and fingers crossed for a positive report from today as our dream slowly becomes a reality. Holy Cow it's scary when the dream it gets close to reality!!!Attachment 139363
We share your excitement. Hope all goes well, and you have great time on her. Looks a lovely boat. From what I can see, she has full teak decks. I have posted here before regarding our experience and care of teak. Basically, leave it to weather and it will do just that - weather away. Protect it and it will last a very long time. Check the caulking, repair where needed, clean down with Semco, then treat with Semco. Our decks look like new teak after five years, and that's the way we want to keep them. Only need for a boat your size, around two hours a year to keep in good nick.

By the way - looks a lot like New Zealand. Is it?

Fair winds,

David
David B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 20:13   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepondancin View Post
Brand named after the Beer? Classier than saying I sail a Pabst.

Hysterical [emoji24]
Old 11-01-2017, 20:16   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by David B View Post
We share your excitement. Hope all goes well, and you have great time on her. Looks a lovely boat. From what I can see, she has full teak decks. I have posted here before regarding our experience and care of teak. Basically, leave it to weather and it will do just that - weather away. Protect it and it will last a very long time. Check the caulking, repair where needed, clean down with Semco, then treat with Semco. Our decks look like new teak after five years, and that's the way we want to keep them. Only need for a boat your size, around two hours a year to keep in good nick.

By the way - looks a lot like New Zealand. Is it?

Fair winds,

David

Hi David, thank you so very much for your help with the teak. We are (as you im sure you can tell) all extremely excited.It's in Sydney......but maybe one day.... fingers crossed.
Old 11-01-2017, 20:37   #30

Boat: None
Send a message via Skype™ to pdbms

Hi,

Congrats on the new purchase.

Not meaning to teach the sucking of eggs, but, the netting over the boom cover is not a good idea. It will eventually wear a hole(s) in the cover and (potentially) the sail.

Speaks the voice of experience