Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-01-2005, 16:57   #1

hello all, just got back

Its good to see that you all are still here giving good info, It would have been nice to ask questions on my last trip, I just took a cruise on my catalina 30 from san francisco to Puerta vallarta mexico and back, and what a wonderful trip it was. That was the furthest Ive taken my cat 30, She did well. no mayjor problems, And she performs reasonably well in bad weather, My only complaint is her speed, I averaged 4 knots the entire trip. But anyways, I just wanted to say hello to you all.
cheers
Old 29-01-2005, 07:01   #2

Boat: Saugeen Witch, Colvin design vessel name: Witchcraft
Welcome back. Sounds like you enjoyed your trip. Any outstanding bits you would like to share? Speed, I suppose if we sailors were in a great hurry, we would fly to these places.
Fair Winds
Witchcraft
witchcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2005, 09:25   #3

The entire trip was pretty much " smooth sailing", ecept for the storms that were brewing around chistmas time. Nothing tremendus. I sat hove to for a day and a half. mostly because I needed the sleep, for I was singlehanding.
I learned that I much rather single hand then have a crew. I picked up a couple in cobo san lucas, The were left over crew from the haha, and broght the down to puerta vallarta. The were nice enough people, but haveing other people in your house makes your routine change and became a littel agrivating.
On christmas I sat off my hook for the night to celibrate the holliday, and belive it or not when I woke up in the morning santa had came and dropped off a present!! some other cruiser left me a bottel of wine on my back deck while I was sleeping. That just reinforced my Ideas about how great boaters are. I just wish I knew who did it so I could thank them for making my christmass wonderful.
Cheers