Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-2016, 08:13   #1

Heard 28 or 35 sailors?

Hi all

Long time lurker here. Former BCC 28 owner and want to get back on the water.
In my search to find something larger than the BCC 28 I located a Heard 35 In the UK built by a chap named Martin Heard. Gaff rigged cutter with nice layout below for living aboard comfort.
He had also built many 28 footers that are well loved and cared for by their owners.
Sadly Martin died suddenly from a heart attack years ago and apparently that is the end of their production.

Loads of information on the Heard 28's available but I am having no luck finding any info on the very few 35's built. I have joins the Gaffers and Luggers website that is dedicated to Martins boats and asked for more info but haven't gotten any.

I loved my BCC but really would like a 35 and she is really a stunner. Hoping to be lucky and get any first hand accounts of sailing one and really any info at all.

Not bashing the BCC in any way and still feel they are one of the finest designs afloat. Just want something bigger so please don't flame me for just asking for info.

Thank you kindly.

Tags
sail