Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-10-2015, 20:08   #1

Boat: Corbin 39
Hawaii Sailing

We do a yearly visit to the Hawaiin Islands, but this year will just be staying on the North Shore of Oahu. I would love to get some sailing in while there and wondering if anyone knows if any of the clubs in town ( Honolulu) do weekly races or cruising where I could hitch on for some fun. We will be there for the month of November . .....Thanks
cortezsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2015, 13:24   #2

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Re: Hawaii Sailing

Yes, At the Ala Wai Yacht Harbor there is a Friday night series. Get there about 1400 to 1500 with a cooler full of beer and you are pretty much guaranteed to get invited aboard. Just look for the boats that are rigging up for the race. Hawaii Yacht Club and Waikiki Yacht Club are the two major players there. If you have any kind of club card then you can go in to the club houses and ask around.

On the North Shore there is the Kaneohe Yacht Club but I don't know their schedule. You might give them a call while you are in town to see if they allow guests.

Haleiwa has a Marine Basin but I don't know of any club racing there.

Good luck
Old 02-11-2015, 09:08   #3

Boat: Corbin 39
Re: Hawaii Sailing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiprJohn View Post
Yes, At the Ala Wai Yacht Harbor there is a Friday night series. Get there about 1400 to 1500 with a cooler full of beer and you are pretty much guaranteed to get invited aboard. Just look for the boats that are rigging up for the race. Hawaii Yacht Club and Waikiki Yacht Club are the two major players there. If you have any kind of club card then you can go in to the club houses and ask around.

On the North Shore there is the Kaneohe Yacht Club but I don't know their schedule. You might give them a call while you are in town to see if they allow guests.

Haleiwa has a Marine Basin but I don't know of any club racing there.

Good luck

Thanks John l will be doing that this week then

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
cortezsailor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hawaii, sail, sailing