Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-04-2010, 02:11   #1

Boat: Hardin 45, 14M, The Shawnee
Hardin Voyager 45 ( 44 & Bounty )

Hello fellow Ketch lovers,

There were an estimated 130 Hardin 45s made. I am trying to track down the hull numbers, ship name, owner, and status. If you know of one of these boats visit my webpage and see if there is any Hardin info that you can help me out with.

Registry

Cheers
Safe Sailing.
Sebring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2010, 06:07   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Austen.

It looks like you have the beginnings of a Hardin Voyager Owner's webpage. Good luck in developing it further.

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:22   #3

Boat: Hardin Voyager 45 - Bejasus
Send a message via MSN to Bejasus Send a message via Yahoo to Bejasus Send a message via Skype™ to Bejasus
Hardin 45

Just put our details on the Shawnee register
Bejasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 05:12   #4
Now on the Dark Side: Stink Potter.

Boat: Sea Hunt 234 Ultra
Can't register as I don't have all the details, but can tell ya that "Sunflower" sailed from Fort Lauderdale to the Azores in 2004 and was sold there to European owners.

For more details, I can dig out the previous owners email address and you can chat with him about hullnumber and year.
PM me.
Old 12-09-2010, 22:10   #5

Boat: Hardin 45 Voyager Alice B., Gig Harbor 10, Orca 7 1/2 sloop, 16' sea kayak
just bought #99 windfall today from original owner Don Sloan, sold in 1987. Will rename it ALICE B and homeport Harstine Island Washington with my cocaptain wife Susan W.
capnorv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2010, 00:12   #6

Hi Capnory,
Congratulations on your new purchase. Wish you fair winds. I had my eye on this boat, but due to distance I was hesitant to view her. Can you describe what I missed out on? Would you be willing to let me know what you paid for her?
Thank you.
Old 13-09-2010, 07:27   #7

Boat: Hardin 45 Voyager Alice B., Gig Harbor 10, Orca 7 1/2 sloop, 16' sea kayak
Thanks George,
$81000 US out on the water. My guess is $65000 US to owner.It's been upgraded with aluminum spars, roller furling, perkins diesel, seems pretty solid but cosmetically wanting. Doesn't seem as solid as our Hans 34, but then nothing built in the last 60 years is. That boat is for sale by the way.
fair winds to you
Old 13-09-2010, 10:01   #8

Thanks for the info Capnorv. I really do like the Hans Christian boats, but I think I would like something bigger. If it's not too much trouble, please do send the specs and photos.
You never know.
All the best.
Old 02-10-2010, 19:23   #9

Boat: Hardin 45 Center Cockpit Ketch
Hello Hardin Owners.

I have Hull #91, 1980 45' center cockpit. Presently in Wilmington, CA preparing The "Linda Lee" for floating the worlds waters. I am very pleased with the integrity of my Hardin and working to better equip her for single handing. Always intrested in finding out what others have done.

Dee Cochran
duncancochran1 (AT) yahoo (DOT) com
deecochran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 20:13   #10

Only had Alice out for a couple daysails, but that was singlehanded. My only complaint is stowing the 9 oz main, but I'll install lazyjacks soon. Oh, that and docking with 7 feet of free space, never was good at parallel parking, makes me long for the days of individual finger slips, oh well, in time I'll figure that out. Anchoring is greatly accessible, oh did I say fow BIG it feels wow
Old 06-08-2011, 09:21   #11

Boat: Ketch, Hardin 45
Re: Hardin Voyager 45 ( 44 & Bounty )

I just bought S/V Rapture, hull #108.
Will be doing a few upgrades such as the thirty year old electronic package. And a few other things that needs to be taken care of.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P7280053.jpg
Views:	1311
Size:	418.9 KB
ID:	30232  
boasun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:37   #12

Absolutely lovely boat. What a sheerline. Whenever I see one of these I expect to see cannon and piartes on deck! You must get a skull and crossbones flag!

Cheechako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:38   #13

Congratulations! Beautiful boat. Fair winds.
gvolos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 14:58   #14

Boat: Hardin 45 Center Cockpit Ketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by boasun View Post
I just bought S/V Rapture, hull #108.
Will be doing a few upgrades such as the thirty year old electronic package. And a few other things that needs to be taken care of.
Congradulations!!!! Keep us posted on the up-grades and discoveries you make as you begin your projects!!!! Will be stepping my wood mast in a couple weeks to replace sail track, add wind index, anomon, service sheeves, roller furling bearing replacement, anchor and running lights and to add 2 mast blocks, may as well paint while it's down.
deecochran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2011, 14:52   #15

Boat: Hardin 45

Bought Hull 82 "Betty Ann" (previously "Nimbus") in October 2010. Have now renamed her "Kereru" - which is a Maori name for the native New Zealand pigeon. My daughter, who has a PhD (cambs) in bird spotting thought the 'out of the water' profile of the Hardin - with those big, buxom bilges carried well forward reminded her of the shape of a pigeon - so Kereru it had to be. (I could never imagine myself calling out "Betty Ann" over the radio!)

We are based in Auckland, New Zealand and are preparing the boat for some extended cruising, which will hopefully stretch out to a circumnavigation - first mate permitting! Our list of jobs includes re-bedding all the deck fittings and saloon windows to keep the water where it ought to be (outside), replacing the rocks and cement under the main mast compression post with something more akin to boat building materials, taking the support for the mizzen mast right down to the hull, raising the height of the poop deck stanchions and having a solid stainless rail welded on............ I could go on!

Despite all of the above she's a great, solid and very comfortable ship. I particularly like the quote from circumnavigators Gordon and Joan Mery - "Our Hardin 45 - which we've lived aboard since June of 1980 - isn't that fast for a boat, but she's pretty quick for a house..."

Happy Sailing
Richard, NZ
furrers is offline   Reply With Quote