Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 12:41   #16
S&S

Boat: 48' 1963 S&S yawl
Aah, slackness (well, moderate slackness )

Sails just fine and is quite quick. I agree with roverhi regarding sailing charicteristics of these designs. Tippy, but fast. Easy motion in a seaway. Unbelivably little interior room compared to modern designs. Note, she carries a lot of SA.
S&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 18:36   #17

in comparaison my boat is flat as a freezbee...

as for my earlyer questions about my boat being good for longer voyages, been reading aboute the redwing 30 by c&c an other hinterhoellr boat with almost identical hull shape, this boat is said to be a good ocean sailor with minim modifications to the companion way hatch and cockpit drains.
my boat was designed before the redwing but shar very similar lines.
otherthan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 16:18   #18

just met a guy here in Montreal that sailed from Montreal to south Africa on the same boat as mine a 1965 hinterhoeller 28 with skeg rudder and no bilge, in fact the only difference between his boat and mine is that my boat has a bridge companion way and dont need any modifications.
His name is Yves and the boat is (pettie délire) his voyage is documented on the web with photos and all the goodies.
just spend the day reading every words with gusto...gues my wories aboute my boat are over.
otherthan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bilge