Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-02-2014, 13:33   #181
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Beneteau 473
Re: Finding a new lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
Yes but their previous guest was not. So Boatman's comment as relates to her has legitimacy.
I'm going to 'fess up here, it was my boat.
The incident with the young lady who wanted off the boat happened about 30 years ago, when me and the GF chartered a boat in the Med, and a friend of hers asked to tag along.
To be honest, I did not think the friend would be happy with the experience, but I gave in and she came along.
Sailing nicely in about 15 kts of breeze, hit by a gust of say 25 kts, boat heels, and I allow it to round up get upright.
Those maybe 5 seconds were enough for our guest, and she spent the next 10 days following us from island to island, but by local ferry.
nigel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2014, 14:52   #182

Boat: Various

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigel1 View Post
I'm going to 'fess up here, it was my boat.
The incident with the young lady who wanted off the boat happened about 30 years ago, when me and the GF chartered a boat in the Med, and a friend of hers asked to tag along.
To be honest, I did not think the friend would be happy with the experience, but I gave in and she came along.
Sailing nicely in about 15 kts of breeze, hit by a gust of say 25 kts, boat heels, and I allow it to round up get upright.
Those maybe 5 seconds were enough for our guest, and she spent the next 10 days following us from island to island, but by local ferry.
Wifey B: Bad Boy!
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2014, 15:05   #183
CLOD

Boat: none
Re: Finding a New Lover

SB1: what's with this "Wifey B" stuff?
Old 14-02-2014, 15:52   #184
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Finding a new lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by beverley View Post
No they were not and at a rather advanced 21+ years of age I hardly count as a "chick" Boatman.

I enjoyed their company and they were both very nice to be with. A gust heeled the boat and it really moved well so they kept it "in the groove". I was quite comfortable and felt safe.
Bev.. at 65 years of age.. and from what little I can make out from those foulies.. if your in your 30's/40's your a 'Chick'...
If that pisses you off... tough chick...

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2014, 16:08   #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorboy1 View Post
SB1: what's with this "Wifey B" stuff?
Wifey B: To distinguish which B of BandB is speaking. It's him or him typing and representing us unless I put Wifey B in which case it is clearly Wifey B and Not Hubby B.

(He's the one who appears to be better behaved but don't let that look of innocence fool you....hehe)
Old 14-02-2014, 16:11   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Bev.. at 65 years of age.. and from what little I can make out from those foulies.. if your in your 30's/40's your a 'Chick'...
If that pisses you off... tough chick...
Wifey B: Yay, I qualify as a chick.....guess if you're younger, you're a Chickadee. You know it's funny though how we react different to words. I've seen older people just hate being called things like "Honey" and "Dear" by strangers and so many women hate being called "Girl" but I hope when I'm 99 someone still calls me "Girl".
Old 14-02-2014, 17:18   #187
CLOD

Boat: none

well Wifey B, this is getting creepy!!!!

Why don't you each do your own membership.
Old 14-02-2014, 17:18   #188

Boat: O'Day 28
pirate Re: Finding a New Lover

As a reader's service, I sent an NSA "associate" over to the B's palatial manse to see what they look like. No need to thank me, I was curious myself. We may actually know them ... they sure look familiar.

Wifey B to our port, hubby B to starboard.

The sun is over the yardarm somewhere.

I love sailor talk!
Blue Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2014, 17:35   #189

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bestevaer 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Crab View Post
Wifey B to port, hubby B to starboard.
Only if they are facing backwards .

Unveiling Bullseye strops for low friction rings
Seaworthy Lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2014, 17:40   #190

Send a message via Skype™ to Gadagirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethflkys View Post
Wow. Wow.

Has no one else picked up on the part about how satdiver expects his lady friend to quit whatever land-based career she has built up over the years, find another career that will allow her the flexibility to work the same six-month-on, six-month-off schedule he has, and make enough money to pay for her half of the living expenses? If she finds that, wow, I want to know what it is, cuz I want to get into that field. If she's a medical professional, she could probably do it. Or a hairdresser -- two fields that have accommodated the cruising dreams of female friends I have had. My money management and financial expertise really won't work for that, alas.

I think actually what she has agreed to (if in fact she has) is a WAYYYYYY bigger deal than satdiver changing boats. He's already owned several boats and I doubt even if he broke up with his girlfriend that he will keep this Alden forever.
All of the post posts, IMO, have valid points no matter which side of the fence they fell. Points for you two to discuss. Perhaps things you never questioned, or have already addressed. Seven years is a long time to discover just about all you are going to know.

As to my female opinion toward the boat......The boat truly is gorgeous! But I do not like a pullman birth. The female always ends up against the hull and is forced to climb over a body when needs call, and they are small. I also prefer a salon table to fold up against a bulkhead, allowing a dining to living conversion. A separate stand up shower would be great and let's face it that's all available in your budget. Nice to have a private space, behind a door, to go to pout, close out whatever noise might be in progress, invite a close friend or relative to be a guest, draw a picture, read a book, work on a craft.........etc.

As to the commitment issues. He's correct to take into account her wants and opinions. Without marriage, the only way that the boat will feel as though it belongs to her in any way, is to have her opinions valued and most of them served. He will own the title, she will have given up her home, and possibly her income and ability to earn/save for her own future. He's asking a lot of her as well. Although there are pre-nups as an alternate solution, that's for them to decide between them. Should all go wrong, she is out a home and possibly her job or career. He, equally, deserves to be protective of his assets because of his previous experiences.
Gadagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2014, 17:49   #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaworthy Lass View Post
Only if they are facing backwards .
Just what the OP and I need: another woman pushing us around!
Old 14-02-2014, 17:51   #192

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorboy1 View Post
well Wifey B, this is getting creepy!!!!

Why don't you each do your own membership.
Wifey B: Could but then would have to find other ways to creep you out...actually our reasoning was the most of the time we're posting as one on boating subjects and often we're just together posting on a tablet. Don't see so many couples even doing it here either way but looks like the few there are share a single membership and generally just sign which one is posting. Doesn't matter to us one way or the other. But this is just an odd thread where we're discussing relationships and not boating.
Old 14-02-2014, 17:51   #193

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Crab View Post
Just what the OP and I need: another woman pushing us around!
I thought Wifey B needed a little moral support. Chicks need to stick together .

Old 14-02-2014, 17:55   #194

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
Don't see so many couples even doing it here either way but looks like the few there are share a single membership and generally just sign which one is posting.
Actually there are lots of couples that have separate accounts here. Unless they make it clear it is just not obvious they are a team.

Old 14-02-2014, 17:56   #195