Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-06-2021, 12:58   #16

Boat: Norseman 400
Re: Do you feel guilty?

The wife here. This thread cracks me up!

I say, take a look at and try as many boats as you can! Life is too short. Pretty soon we won't be able to sail at all. LOL Plus, I'm sure we could all use more practice anyway. You know, to hone our skills. hahahahaha
Sailor647 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2021, 13:12   #17

Boat: Bristol 35.5 1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD ORCA View Post
I just realized I unconsciously posted this in the MONOhull, forum instead of the MULTIhull forum. Oh god im so conflicted.

Thanks for all of the wonderful support. It mostly hasn't helped but thank you...
BO, you should be a therapist!! I now have a new found understanding of my predilection for a MONOhull vs MULTI....why is this never brought up when comparing the two is beside me!? Do Mormons buy more cats than bristols? enquiring minds...
Hoodsail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2021, 13:15   #18

Do I feel guilty for looking at other women? I mean other boats? Not NO, but hell NO! I fall in love with a sweet sheer or a well turned stem about twice a week. It has not affected my relationship with my sweetheart, er, I mean my boat. All she cares about is my money.
Chris Cringle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2021, 13:40   #19

Boat: TES 678 BT

It's like in a restaurant:
You made your choice, but you still have the right to look at the menu
Skipper Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2021, 14:54   #20

Boat: Alden 50, Sarasota, Florida

Nothing wrong with owning more than one boat.
S/V Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2021, 15:06   #21

Boat: Jeanneau SO 34.2

It doesn't matter where you get your appetite as long as you come home for dinner.
steffan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2021, 16:19   #22

I feel much better now knowing im surrounded by a forum full of similarly scandalous cruisers and a very progressive wifey. I feel much better today. thank you for all the heartfelt support...
BAD ORCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2021, 16:29   #23

You scandalous cheating bastards. I cant believe I almost succumbed to my weakness....

I need to go find a good Christian website quickly....All you hedonist's can go to Yachtworld...
Old 29-06-2021, 16:38   #24

As long as you didn't have her lower her sails you are probably ok!
bjp447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2021, 16:49   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenKo View Post
I'd take another long lascivious look, buy the first boat a string of pearls or something equivalent, apologize profusely and promise never to do it again and you'll probably be ok.
It is interesting that there are similarities in the guilt or feelings of cheating engendered by this kind of disloyalty to your own boat. Bizarre how these essentially lifeless entities get under our skin all the way to our hearts!
Yeah i agree. very interesting topic. my first post that started this was written in a silly manner but it actually happened. I had a quick but intense feeling of real guilt when i was looking at this other boat. I would never own it as im just blue collar poor and couldn't afford another boat, but that didnt stop the feeling. I do love my boat. I guess almost like a person because its (she's) so deeply engrained in what i see as my future as a sailor but also with what i want to do in my future if that makes any sense.
Old 29-06-2021, 16:54   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelie View Post
Polygamy is immoral in certain belief systems and is illegal in many, possibly most legal systems.

But not all belief systems or legal systems.

Same with polyandry. SA is currently discussing this.
I should head over and read that. I was jokingly thinking about that the other day interestingly enough.
Old 29-06-2021, 17:22   #27

Boat: Freedom 32

Compulsive sailing behavior may involve a variety of commonly enjoyable sailing experiences. Examples include solo-sailing, forums, , multiple sailing partners, use of Cruising World when a vessel is not available or actually paying for sailing with a captain. . When these sailing behaviors become a major focus in your life, are difficult to control, and are disruptive or harmful to you or others, they may be considered compulsive sailing behaviors. But until that day sail early and often every chance you can. Remember some day your sailing days will be behind you. You may regret passing up that pretty little thing with the fair curve and red sails. Don’t let it happen! Take her hard to weather and don’t let up. You will both will appreciate the time spent later.
Old 29-06-2021, 17:49   #28

Boat: Bene 42CC

She might look hot but be assured that her MSD hoses are permeated, her exhaust elbow is corroded, and her dripless seal is drippy. Stick with the one that you know.
Hhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2021, 06:29   #29

Boat: Looking

I see a lot of interesting responses here. I have to admit that I haven't acquired my first boat yet. But as best as I can tell they kinda fall under the same grouping as Harleys, Hot rods and such. My Geezer Glide is okay for me to take the Bobber out for a quickie as long as I gently stroke her seat before I throw a leg over the Bobber. Same with my 1970 Stepside Chevy. She knows there isn't room for the grandkids so she knows that come Monday the 47 Ford 2 door Sedan will be relegated back to her parking spot. Some would say that some of these attributes make these toys better than women. I don't get in trouble for looking or touching other cars and bikes. It's okay to ride more than 1 of them on the same day. My friends and family don't judge me on my color choices. But just like women, they will from time to time give you a really hard time, barely get you home or maybe leave you stranded on a parking lot. You've kept the oil changed, fuel filters and carbs clean and adjusted and the valves and timing correct. But just likke dealing with a woman from time to time YOU WILL SCREW SOMETHING UP that she doesn't like and not have the slightest idea what you have done wrong. Still trying to talk the wife into the first sailboat before we are too old to enjoy it.
tdhotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2021, 06:42   #30
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Do you feel guilty?

I never lust after someone else's boat..
I may admire its lines or abilities, however, like my women my boat is my only love until it/she pisses me off enough to want a change..
So no.. I never feel guilty..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' still dance to the beat of the drums.
boatman61 is online now   Reply With Quote