Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-07-2015, 11:13   #1

Decision time

Hi everyone,
SHMBO and I have both completed our Day Skipper. I've been on a few sailing trips and done a little crewing. Work commitments make buying a boat this year difficult but not impossible if the right boat at the right price magically appears. Budget is 40K and there are a few contenders in the frame. Sigma 362 is at the top but a close second would be a Westerly Fulmar.
What I'd like to know is if there is anyway I can research a particular boat (particularly the Sigma) to see if it has been raced or chartered.
I'm reading as much as I can on various forums and the 362 comments are always positive but seem to end with "if you can find a good one".
Although we will both sail I think that I will be single handed a lot of the time so that's a serious consideration for which boat. Any advice would help.
Thanks.
Skookumstu is offline   Reply With Quote