Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-03-2019, 12:25   #1

Boat: 1971 cal 27
Danish Rose

Hi. I recently became aware of the Danish Rose yachts. I’m very interested in them. I’m kind of leaning towards the mid 30 foot range. Possibly a pilot house.

I’m not a racer. I’m a cruiser interested in passage making but, I like to motor as little as possible. I’m a believer in timing your trips to where the wind will be in your favor. Kind of like they did during the age of sail. With the advent of the internal combustion engine, people have tended to leave that kind of attitude behind because motors let you go where you want and when you want regardless of the wind direction.

That being said, I’m interested to find out if anyone has sailed on one of these vessels. What their performance is like. I don’t need to point to within 30 dergrees of the wind. 45 is fine. But, I do want a boat that sails well off and on the wind.

So, if anyone has experience with these boats, I’d love to hear about it.

I had been considering Colvic Watson and Fisher yachts, previously. I would also be interested in hearing from people who have actually sailed on either of these, also.

Thanks.
first wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2024, 13:36   #2

Boat: Danish Rose 39
Re: Danish Rose

Hi First Wind, I just bought one Danish Rose 39ft, and I am still refurbishing it. as soon I can sail it I will tell you more. For now only lots of work
MBraile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2024, 13:41   #3

Boat: Danish Rose 39
Re: Danish Rose

I just added some pictures
MBraile is offline   Reply With Quote