Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-02-2013, 09:05   #1

Creekmore 45/461

Hi,

I'm in the final stages of purchasing a half built Creekmore 45 (sometimes seen as a Creekmore 46). Does anyone have any experience sailing these boats? Since I cannot perform a sea trial as the boat isn't done yet, I'm looking for any information regarding sailing performance; light air, up wind etc.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
ajhillaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:38   #2

Re: Creekmore 45/461

I saw the ad, my information is they are well built solid hand laid up in Dania Fl. yard, I'm buying one and am impressed with design and construction, at that price if you do the work yourself I beleive you will end-up with fine crusing yacht and faster than most. Buy used hardware from yards that collect gear from abandoned sailboats they are around. used sails from Bacon in Annapolis are fine, keep things manual instead of electric when possible, I can tell you more when I get possesion but all reports I can find are good for windward sailing and speed for 15 ton long keel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajhillaker View Post
Hi,

I'm in the final stages of purchasing a half built Creekmore 45 (sometimes seen as a Creekmore 46). Does anyone have any experience sailing these boats? Since I cannot perform a sea trial as the boat isn't done yet, I'm looking for any information regarding sailing performance; light air, up wind etc.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
jwbuckner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:03   #3

Boat: Currently Boatless!
Re: Creekmore 45/461

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajhillaker View Post
Does anyone have any experience sailing these boats? Since I cannot perform a sea trial as the boat isn't done yet, I'm looking for any information regarding sailing performance; light air, up wind etc.
Not sailed one but currently getting one surveyed. Apparently they aren't the fastest boats out there (not something I need) but are heavily built, safe and seaworthy (definitely what I'm looking for ). The owner of the one I'm after has said that in a breeze of 44 knots she was only on one reef and sailed without a problem...

Good luck with the purchase
settlednomad is offline   Reply With Quote