Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-03-2019, 12:53   #1

Boat: Adams 12
Cooper Seabird 37'

Hi all, I'm considering buying a 37' Cooper Seabird (motor-sailer) here in my home state of Tasmania, Australia. Cooper yachts, from Canada i believe, are not very well known here in Australia and i would appreciate the views of anyone who has some experience with them. In particular the general build quality and quality of the hull structure, ie, fiberglass layup? potential for osmosis. I've been burned on another boat that has much more extensive osmosis than i was lead to believe and swore i would never own another glass/GRP boat again but this one does have a fit out and layout that we really like and it appears to my semi-trained eye to be well built and thoughtfully designed. I'm still pursuing some details of the history of the bottom treatment since it arrived in Australia. It may have had a full epoxy layer below the water line but I'm waiting to find out that kind of info.

Any sensible opinions and preferably some facts would be much appreciated. Cheers, Chris.
cjheath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2019, 04:29   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: Cooper Seabird 37'

See ➥ http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...-a-115402.html

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2019, 10:53   #3

Boat: C&C Landfall 38
Re: Cooper Seabird 37'

There is a very active thread on a new purchaser of one here on the forum, that said a good friend had one for 20 years and I sailed on it many times and with it on my C&C many times, he never beat me , that said it is a big comfortable boat, easy to work on and live aboard, with vast storage, coopers boatS were well built and many of them are still sailing the PNW......
nwdiver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cooper