Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-09-2020, 12:13   #16

Boat: Custom steel, 41' LOD
Re: colvin pilot house motor sailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushrat View Post
newby here with some questions on a design it is a 42 ft steel colvin pilothouse schooner, it currently is listed in yacht trader down in scapoose oregon , it's owner has it set up to fish commercially which is ok as I am from alaska and getting ready to return there and retire, my questions are of the sailing ability of this design being as it is a motor sailer and looking through the specs this is equipped to be totally off grid which is a plus for me , I am concerned in the pics of some serious dents that look like it was sideswiped and perhaps that is the reason the hull was doubled if memory is right most steel and aluminum are pretty light in their scantlings ? I spent more than a few years around the bering and north pacific as an engineer so I was quite interested when I saw the layout of it and the systems, so anyone out there with any experience on this design ? issues? etc ? I am familliar with some reading on colvins junk design
thanks smitty

In case you are interested there is an absolutely gorgeous steel fully-equipped offshore sailboat, Parallel Dreams, for sale in Jack's Boatyard in Lund, BC. I believe she's an Amazon, about 45'. I'm quite confident she can be had for around $50,000 CANADIAN.

Call Gerry (Geraldine - the yard manager) at 604-483-3566 for details. She'll give you the name and phone number of the owner. No broker!
Scorpius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2020, 16:53   #17

diesel is a 130 hp perkins
bushrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2020, 23:58   #18

Boat: Gaff rigged Ketch[Spray]37' on deck

I don't know if you are looking for steel only, but my neighbor across the dock, has a 38 ft.Cutter for sale, which is Stripped plank 2" Cedar,clearly a PNW design, as there is a pilot house, with cockpit and inside steering, aft. cabin, Perkins 4108, all the gear is there, and in good condition, the boat needs paint, and a haulout for bottom paint also, if this is of interest to you, the boat is in San Rafael,CA., asking $ 25 K, She is not a project boat, just needs some TLC, it's a hard boat to sell down here, with the house and all, but perfect for Alaska. if interested you can EMAIL me [dptiffany@hotmail.com].
Dougtiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2020, 03:25   #19

Hi Dougtiff,
thanks for the info i'll keep it in mind
thanks smitty
bushrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motor, sail