Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-11-2011, 21:07   #31

Boat: Wharram custom 44'
Re: Cherubini Yachts

I was invited to the boat show">Annapolis boat show and there was an engine or power booth that had a post about Cherubini that implied they were not paying their bills or honoring their commitments to purchasers. There was a Cherubini yacht tied up not too far away and it looked like they were in business. I bet there are a lot of sailors here that would not hesitate to consider a Cherubini if it came up for sail, I wonder what's going on. I'd like to think that these beautiful boats would continue irrespective of the current economics.
kaimusailing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2011, 12:29   #32

Boat: Cabo Rico Norteast 400, 40', 'Briez'
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimusailing
I was invited to the Annapolis boat show and there was an engine or power booth that had a post about Cherubini that implied they were not paying their bills or honoring their commitments to purchasers. There was a Cherubini yacht tied up not too far away and it looked like they were in business. I bet there are a lot of sailors here that would not hesitate to consider a Cherubini if it came up for sail, I wonder what's going on. I'd like to think that these beautiful boats would continue irrespective of the current economics.
Cherubini or Cabo Rico??? I think that criticism was leveled at the latter. (Similar looking boats too). Cabo Rico was still reputed to be in business with a new venture with Covey Island Boatworks, NS, as of a few weeks ago.
Arcady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2011, 13:53   #33

Boat: Wharram custom 44'

Thanks Arcady,
That very well might be the case, mistaken identity. Both boats look sweet, hope they both stay on the market somehow.
Andy S.
kaimusailing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2011, 17:29   #34

Boat: Bristol 38.8

No one has answered my question satisfactorily, and I guess no one will. Why is the 48 a schooner instead of a Ketch?
Curmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2011, 17:50   #35
cruiser

Boat: Hunter 31'

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimusailing View Post
I was invited to the Annapolis boat show and there was an engine or power booth that had a post about Cherubini that implied they were not paying their bills or honoring their commitments to purchasers. There was a Cherubini yacht tied up not too far away and it looked like they were in business. I bet there are a lot of sailors here that would not hesitate to consider a Cherubini if it came up for sail, I wonder what's going on. I'd like to think that these beautiful boats would continue irrespective of the current economics.

Cherubini wasn't a separate company. It was a model line made by Hunter. Hunter stopped making Cherubinis decades ago.
Rakuflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2011, 17:50   #36

Why is the lady you love wearing no clothes.

Why did she marry you?

Why is she a ketch if she married you?

Guess we will never know...

ceptin shes a beautiful girl who id marry too...
LoveMyWoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2011, 18:26   #37
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakuflames View Post
Cherubini wasn't a separate company. It was a model line made by Hunter. Hunter stopped making Cherubinis decades ago.
Cheruabini is a company that builds(or at least they did IMO) the finest sailboats for crusing a person could buy,in the 70s & 80s..John Cherubini was the designer and maker of the 44 and 48 Cherubinis..I think he designed the Hunter boats as Hunter wanted to increase appeal for there line of boats and thought having this name associated with their products would help make it a more "respected" company..It didnt work as they told him to build to a price as they do most of their line...The Hunter Cheriubini looked like all the other sailboats out there..All one has got to do is look at a "Real Cherubini" and you will see its like comparing a six cylinder Nova to a Lambo.Lots of folks like their Hunter Cherubini 25s as they were a little better than most of the others..This is just my thoughts about Hunter as they do serve a purpose and if one has got to dream may as well dream big..I wish I had a Hunter..nah,I wish I had a Cheruibini..yea as long as Im wishing..DVC
tropicalescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2011, 18:29   #38
cruiser

Boat: Hunter 31'

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalescape View Post
Cheruabini is a company that builds(or at least they did IMO) the finest sailboats for crusing a person could buy,in the 70s & 80s..John Cherubini was the designer and maker of the 44 and 48 Cherubinis..I think he designed the Hunter boats as Hunter wanted to increase appeal for there line of boats and thought having this name associated with their products would help make it a more "respected" company..It didnt work as they told him to build to a price as they do most of their line...The Hunter Cheriubini looked like all the other sailboats out there..All one has got to do is look at a "Real Cherubini" and you will see its like comparing a six cylinder Nova to a Lambo.Lots of folks like their Hunter Cherubini 25s as they were a little better than most of the others..This is just my thoughts about Hunter as they do serve a purpose and if one has got to dream may as well dream big..I wish I had a Hunter..nah,I wish I had a Cheruibini..yea as long as Im wishing..DVC
Cherubinis were made by Hunter -- honest.

Great lines, but I haven't seen one yet that doesn't leak. Sometimes those leaks are pretty serious. My "tubbier" standard Hunter has NO leaks, and it's an '83.
Rakuflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2011, 22:04   #39
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakuflames View Post
Cherubinis were made by Hunter -- honest.

Great lines, but I haven't seen one yet that doesn't leak. Sometimes those leaks are pretty serious. My "tubbier" standard Hunter has NO leaks, and it's an '83.
Real Cherubinis were made by Cherubinis..Hunter Cherubinins were made by ..well Hunter..ie, John Cherubini designed some sailboats for Hunter..
tropicalescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2011, 22:19   #40

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.

Why ask why...just enjoy...life is too short!
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2012, 16:05   #41

Don't know where Rakuflames get his information, honest. Hunters are Hunters plain and simple. John Cherubini designed several boat for Hunter in the 70's and early 80's and these are often referred to as Cherubini Hunters. Many say that they are some of the best sailing boats that Hunter ever built. Starting with the 25, they were followed by the 27, 30, 33, and 37. The 33 is the same design as the Raider 33, though the Raider is a better built boat.

Now to the heart of the matter. A Cherubini is a Cherubini is a Cherubini. John designed a 44 Ketch and a 48 Schooner and they were built by his brother Fritz and his son Lee with the help of various other family members. To call a Cherubini Hunter a Cherubini is like saying that any random sports car is a Ferrari. They are in totally different animals. A cherubini is a go anywhere bluewater cruiser that is equally at home on the Chesapeake Bay. Don't know any sane individuals that would feel as safe offshore in any Hunter in stormy conditions.
Seven Seas is offline   Reply With Quote