Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-08-2013, 17:44   #16

Boat: Cheoy Lee Clipper 42
Send a message via Skype™ to Thackaringa
Re: Cheoy Lee Pedrick 47 CC

Congratulations. We all know how good that feeling is to buy a boat and how anxious you must be to have it out on the water. May she give you many years of enjoyment. Don't forget to check out the Cheoy Lee Association web site.
Thackaringa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2013, 13:03   #17

Boat: Cheoy Lee Pedrick 41' 1986

Congrats and I am hopefull you are out sailing her now. We have a 1986 Pedrick 41. Have done allot of work to her but fortunatly bought her with newly replaced teak decks. Restless Soul is very comfortable and a bit tender but sails wonderfully and is quick and nimble. We will cast off the lines one day as she is our sail away boat from Long Beach, CA. We are happy with her and enjoy big time. See you out there.

Captain Randy
Captain Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2013, 09:02   #18

Boat: Cheoy Lee 47 CC

I just want to thank everyone for the feedback and encouragement in the string, I just got back from transporting the new "Life Of Reilly" from Maine to Rhode Island, she is now sitting moored to my previous Life Of Reilly.
It was funny coming into the mooring field and pulling up to the old boat, I really liked that boat and will miss her when she's gone, she's pretty, fast and completely debugged, but like all things it's about the future and the past is gone, still she gave many wonderful memories and taught me well.
Of course that boat was completely debugged and gone through, everything works well and needs little attention, the new boat already has a two page list of "things that need to be fixed". We found much on the transit that needs attention, good thing my wife and I know traditional navigation, without instruments, also a good thing we always bring backup.
Ah, the joys of getting a "new old" boat, I can now look forward to at least two seasons of work to get it up to the condition I like my rides to be in, of course with sailing in between. Fortunately not a lot of big ticket item, except for the electronics, just a lot of labor, oiy.
lifeofreilly57 is offline   Reply With Quote