Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-01-2021, 18:43   #31

Boat: Catalina 470
Re: Catalina 470 - the good, the bad, and the ugly?

Wow Greenwave! Those storage pics are great in the Pullman. One of the previous owners of ours installed something on the forward wall of forward cabin.

Our starboard salon already had the bench seat with a 50 gallon diesel fuel tank under it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	forwardLocker.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	425.0 KB
ID:	231498   Click image for larger version

Name:	forwardLocker2.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	424.4 KB
ID:	231499  

glanrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2021, 19:15   #32

Boat: 2000 Catalina 470 #058

A previous owner of my boat converted the #2 water tank to diesel so I carry 144 gallons total now. That extra tank is under the port salon seat in front of the galley sink. I also have some storage under that seat.
Old 28-01-2021, 19:28   #33

Boat: Catalina 470 47 feet

In my catalina 470 I have converted the front shower into a large storage room. I have purchased on Amazon a large number of varied size mesh storage bags and hooks and hang them all over the storage space. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
is an example of one of the types I purchased. There are many types and sizes. I have them hanging all over the space in layers and can pretty much almost fill the entire space with supplies with fairly easy access. I thought you really don't need two showers but you do need more storage. The laundry machines have been removed and I still have access to the bow thruster for maintenance. I installed a large battery and have it about 2 feet from the bow thruster which really gives me lots of power with the thruster.
jayarmstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 05:12   #34

Boat: Catalina 470

Converting the water tank to diesel, great idea!

We're not quite ready to commission the forward shower as perma-storage but it definitely already gets used as storage for an assortment of things. Since we typically have some family, or family-friends, coming out with us at this time we are keeping that area as is for now. A few years from now, when we're more seriously looking at first coastal cruising and beyond then we'll likely revisit the scenario. Plus that will give us the benefit of having experience with the vessel, discovering what we like and dislike about the internal set up. We miss the fantastic storage our our Endeavour 40CC but it did not sail well. Especially compared to the 470, we love the way these boats slice through the water, taking even light air that our previous would find very slowing going.

I like your idea of the nets and so forth, we'd given thought to converting the Pullman into temp-netted type storage for when we're going somewhere just the two of us. We are having to consider having another couple coming with us for some of our adventures and that would preclude the Pullman berth as storage and instead I am thinking about utilizing the dining table converted into a berth, then into a storage area instead. These are just thoughts as yet, nothing definite. It'd be great to have another two sets of eyes, extra watch, more sleep, and if they're into the adventure why not?

Happy water-trails!
glanrock is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
catalina